Thread: eg 16a into ek1

Member Array
    Car:
    ej coupe

eg 16a into ek1

doing this conversion for brother in law.....

just need to clarify, i can use the mounts from the d16, but will need to change the top transmission, rear transmission, and timing side brackets. correct?

If that's the case, is there anyone willing to lend me their brackets (if their car is off the road) for a couple of days to replicate? Will pay small fee and postage both ways if necessary.

All the wreckers refuse to sell the brackets (honbits, hontoys etc). They only sell them as conversions with engines.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    top transmission? rear transmission?
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    ej coupe
    rear transmission t bracket, top transmission bracket, and timing side bracket..... pretty much all except for the front transmission one which should be the same as the eg bracket.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    You want to put eg engine in ek1 ?
    eg is 92-95
    ek 96+
    so that's is not possible, not legal

Member Array
    Car:
    ej coupe
    im not concerned with that atm....

technically speaking, the b16 was available in civics till 01, so if you really wanted, you could convert it to obd2 etc....

that said, when it goes for rego, they only check engine codes... which isnt an issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    ahh right brackets, my bad, also if your talking about the b16, the b part is kinda important

and yeah its legal, that law is based on emissions, not age, the replacement engine has to meet or better the emmissions of the stock engine, people go from that and assume that the older the engine the worse the emissions tech.

also i didnt think you can use d series mounts with b series engines...
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    ej coupe
    apparently you can (according to the info i gleened from all my searching)........ mounts are the same on ek's whether b or d series..... it's the brackets that are important.....

Still looking to buy or borrow if anyone can help me out....

Account Disabled Array
    You will need an EK4 wiring loom, EK4/EM1 rear engine bracket

If your using a 2 post engine bracket on the engine timing cover, you dont need to change anything. If its a 3 post, then you will need to pull off the crank pulley and timing cover to remove the bracket.

Send me a PM, i have the rear engine bracket