Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    Old Honda motors will go that far. Highly doubt the new ones will.
    Wht should the new ones not be as good ???

Engines get impreved constantly.........

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Wht should the new ones not be as good ???

Engines get impreved constantly.........
    they get improved on power, economy, and emission standards
    as a result, they get a lot more complex. and we all know about complex and reliability.

Result? more things will go wrong.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    I do agree with fredoops, the more the complex engine more problems may occur.... However i don't think honda would compromise reliability of the engine and i am sure the current engine will atleast last close to the previous models engines.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    My old 82 Accord was still going great guns at 350,000 when I sold it a few years back.

IMO, Toyota's are the most reliable brand even vs. Honda.

German cars are crap, I guess it's more electronic related though. Buy a 10 year old 7 series or S class and when the electronics start to malfunction you're in for a lot of cash.

Buy a 3 series or C class and it should be okay (Though people only buy these series car for the "rich status" associated with the badge).

Lexus in my opinion is superior to all German Luxury brands. Although, there are a few cars that look like complete rip offs of there Toyota counterpart, eg ES300 = Camry, LX570 = Land Cruiser.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    SC400 = Soarer, etc.. That's just how it's meant to be I CU2.

Toyotas can be abused, blow smoke, sound like they're falling apart.. And still NEVER let you down.. I love my Toyota powered Suzuki Sierra =P
    Honda is more of a "if you look after it, in 20 yrs time it will feel like you just rolled out of the showroom." kinda deal.
    And people will say, "But if you look after any car!" no, most cars just wear out and die.. Regardless of upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    SC400 = Soarer
    2JZ = Alot of people proclaim this to be the most reliable engine ever?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Lexus in my opinion is superior to all German Luxury brands. Although, there are a few cars that look like complete rip offs of there Toyota counterpart, eg ES300 = Camry
    lol i noticed this on my mums lexus....such a waste of money

realiability wise, its the other stuff like brakes that let toyota down. my mums es300 had shoddy abs
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    This is an awesome video... My parents have a run about/Shopping CB7 and currently on the clock its got 480k on it and its still going strong... how ever there are rust spots starting to appear... pretty good for an 21yo car

although Toyota and Lexus are "bulletproof" they lack the soul that honda's have... to me Toyotas are boring to look and too much plastic fantastic inside...
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    2JZ = Alot of people proclaim this to be the most reliable engine ever?
    SC400 is a V8 Lexus, with a 4L 1UZFE Engine iirc.
    Soarer has the Toyota 6's; 1JZ Twin Turbo, and 2JZ N/A iirc.

The 2JZ is far from the most reliable engine ever, it is however capable of handling more power/boost increases than almost any other standard motor.
    Sadly the gains aren't very good in $ per KW value compared with the rival Nissan 6's.