Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR

94 dc2 integra stalling. Help!

Hey guys, I'm in need of some assistance with my car again.

I had a similar issue with stalling awhile ago which I resolved with a new ICM (ignition control module). It took me awhile to diagnose the problem but I got there in the end and the car drove perfectly until recently. It's been about a 10 months since I changed the ICM.

This time around the car only stalls whilst in stationary position or while driving at fairly low speeds. It's a pain in the ass cos I have no idea what's causing it to happen. I've already cleaned the throttle body thoroughly to see if that helped...I thought it worked until it stalled again tonight while driving slowly over a speed bump.

Symptoms:

-- The revs jump up and down randomly at times while stationary or whilst driving
    -- Loss of power maybe...only for a second though

Can I rule out the distributor? I mean, it starts up straight away when it stalls so there's definitely a good spark. Fuel pump has been replaced recently. Maybe the fuel relay needs replacing? Throttle body sensor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    "it's peanut butter jelly time!"

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Spark plugs? IACV?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR
    spark plugs have been changed. IACV i've yet to take apart and clean. i'm thinking it might be the main relay after doing some research.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Normally you get stalling after driving, and difficulty starting the engine when it's warm, but if plugs and IACV aren't the issues then that would be my next guess. Just re-solder it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR
    yeah I'm gonna take it out and have a closer look at the relay. thanks for your help.
    Last edited by JDM_VTIR; 03-07-2011 at 02:53 PM.