Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boot Release Button Not Working - Switch??? Help

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 euro and the little handle type release that is supposed to open the boot lid when the car is unlocked doesnt open teh boot lid.

I have read a thread here that says there is a switch or something that locks this feature... either i am extremely dumb or the switch is not on my car, i spent 10 minutes looking for any type of switch/latch thing that would make my boot lid handle open but cannot find it..

can somone please explain exactly where it is or even post a picture? or describe what it looks like?

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    if your talking about the boot release button on the boot lid itself then:

it should be on the underside of the parcel shelf (roof of your boot), iirc its under the brake light to the right abit

if you have your owners manual, you will be able to find it

if its the one inside the cabin by the drivers door, insert your key and unlock it

thanks Ill have a look

The switch which locks the boot release button on the back is located in the glove-box compartment if that's what you're referring too.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    The switch which locks the boot release button on the back is located in the glove-box compartment if that's what you're referring too.
    im guessing thats for the cu2?

You guys don't have it? I thought it was on the previous model too.

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    As ricerockets said, the CL9 switch is on the underside of the parcel shelf in the boot. Off the top of my head, I think it's a small black sliding toggle switch, no bigger than 1 or 2cm. The glovebox switch must be a CU2 thing as there's nothing in the glovebox on mine!

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    haha nah we dont got it only the one in the boot, i thought it was grey lol but yes with a sliding toggle switch although the switch actually has no markings on it so it may be hard to spot at first

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by ricerockets View Post
    ....it should be on the underside of the parcel shelf (roof of your boot), iirc its under the brake light to the right abit...
    Thanks. I'd forgotten about that as it's been 7 years since I read the manual. Just in time as I was about to get the boot lid switch replaced because it didn't work anymore...
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro-CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Thanks. I'd forgotten about that as it's been 7 years since I read the manual. Just in time as I was about to get the boot lid switch replaced because it didn't work anymore...
    hi Guys, hows it going? this thread has helped me heaps, thanks. Can anyone send me a piccy of an intact Boot Main Switch? I am in a rural area and have an accord. My switch is broken (not sure how it happened but was like that when bought) and I am trying to explain to a wrecker the part I want. So far have had no luck and they want me to come in and show them!! too bad Im 6 hours drive away!

Any help would be appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    There is a key switch (2005 accord euro) near the boot/petrol latch. I think this isolate the boot switch function. Worth checking but I am not sure as I just had the accord for about a month.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro-CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    There is a key switch (2005 accord euro) near the boot/petrol latch. I think this isolate the boot switch function. Worth checking but I am not sure as I just had the accord for about a month.
    Yes that is one of them. But actually if you open the boot, underneath on the parcel
    Shelf, to the right of the brake light you will see an on off switch. Any chance of a pict of that?

Cheers