Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM conversion

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    Can you even get JDM ITR's in aust very easily?
    Easily not really but theres quite a few floatin around.

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    not easily in nsw anywaise

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux
    there is a few floating around in melbourne!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Doubt n-1 probably would do it. They're a mechanic workshop, not body kit place. Jetspeed or somethin of the likes would be alot more capable and inclined to do it. n-1 stock JDM kits because they're one of the few places in melb who actually supply ORIGINAL Japanese kits, not just cheap Taiwanese rip offs. If you want C-West and have a fat wallet, they can be your friend.

5gs for the 1/2 cut WITHOUT an engine? Tell him hes dreaming. Im with spermz, figures ive heard range from 2-3 Gs. I dont think its as simple as just a bolt on job. Some modifications need to be made... ask BADHBT

Theres quite a few JDM ITRs in melb, condition of them *no comment*. I know of a few that arnt tip top. Id prefer an auspec ITR with full service history and being mechanically sound than an unknown JDM ITR likely with issues.
    A guy I know use to work at the exporting docks in Japan, and there is a reason why the cars we get imported are exported (in alot of cases)
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    BADHBT no 2 ?

well said Mr Sir JDM

just buy a full JDM front cut with engine, then do the conversion, stick the jap spec b18c in there (or sell it) and sell off the rest of the goodies to recoup some $$$, front cuts can be bought for ~9-10k, did a bit of research when I was looking at doing the same thing you are.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Jap connection in ingleburn (NSW) had jdm ITR front end with HID headlights for sale for $2000, and apparently they get a few of them, he reconed about $1500 to fit it with cut n shut radiator support, and respray the guards,bonnet, and bumper

not a bad price me thinks

used to see heaps of gen jdms for sale on carsale in syd...

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR JDM
    Doubt n-1 probably would do it. They're a mechanic workshop, not body kit place. Jetspeed or somethin of the likes would be alot more capable and inclined to do it. n-1 stock JDM kits because they're one of the few places in melb who actually supply ORIGINAL Japanese kits, not just cheap Taiwanese rip offs. If you want C-West and have a fat wallet, they can be your friend.

5gs for the 1/2 cut WITHOUT an engine? Tell him hes dreaming. Im with spermz, figures ive heard range from 2-3 Gs. I dont think its as simple as just a bolt on job. Some modifications need to be made... ask BADHBT

Theres quite a few JDM ITRs in melb, condition of them *no comment*. I know of a few that arnt tip top. Id prefer an auspec ITR with full service history and being mechanically sound than an unknown JDM ITR likely with issues.
    A guy I know use to work at the exporting docks in Japan, and there is a reason why the cars we get imported are exported (in alot of cases)
    I cant agree to that. If anything get the car checked out for any problems, if its a piece of shiet then dont buy it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 07
    My friend and I half the JDM front end..

We just tried fitting the front to his DC2R

The guards fit with minor mods, but we got caught with the bonnet
    JDM is longer...
    It fits, but sticks out too much...
    The headlight support also needs minor mod.
    If you can work out the bonnet then the rest is fairly straight forward..
    Still thinkin on how we should get the bonnet to fit without cutting anything...
    Will keep you posted on how we got..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    i own a 2001 JDM dc2r and its in mint condition.......and i got it 3 months ago
    m just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a carbonfiber bonnet for a JDM dc2r..
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 07
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaNe
    i own a 2001 JDM dc2r and its in mint condition.......and i got it 3 months ago
    m just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a carbonfiber bonnet for a JDM dc2r..
    cheers
    How'd you get the car registered???

If your located in Sydeny there's a few places...
    Call Jun from HJC Motorsports on 02 4722 9266
    give him a buzz and some time and he should be able to get one in for ya