Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question front strut woes...

this thread in relation to this thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13404

ok so i got the front strut thanks to brilliant work of hondar

and im trying to put the braces on the towers, however it wont go/fit on passenger side (aus euro cl9)

i think the passenger side one is the problem....

it seems that there is a bracket which will stop the brace from going on, i try to post pics to show you whats going on...
    i havent actually unbolted anything cause thats my second question:

If i unbolt those bolts on the tower, whats going to happen to the car? maybe stupid question but i have to ask before i do it, im assuming that maybe when the bracket is in place it will fit better

CMF any ideas on this, can you get some more pics up specifically of this side ??

i dont know enough about this area, comments and feedback most welcome
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    you can unbolt the strut tower bolts without worrying mate, they just hold the suspension in place. If the car is stationary on the ground its no problem

As for the bracket, not sure what exactly you are referring to but it may be possible to either move the bracket lower or relocate it completely so its not in the way...depending of course what its holding in place!

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Send it in the photos so we all can sit down and have a look, I'm curious as to how this problem is going on..
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

ok

thanks for the info poid

i felt they were important so as long as i screw them back in tight i should be right

I have uploaded 3 pics into the technical diy section, as im not a supporter yet i cant embed pics...any way i have circled the problem area, and basically the bracket/arm, of the vision for the passenger side wont sit against that bracket which is holding up whatever that thing is....im not sure what it is

anyway i will have a go at trying to place the bracket in daylight hopefully toimmorrow and ill let you know, but i think i will have to remove something !!

cool

the pics are called bracket / bracket two and bracket 3 pic
    and they have red circles on them

thanks
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Make sure you find out the correct torque setting for the suspension tower....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

WTF...torque setting...man i know soo little about cars...

you mean torque setting for the bolts ???

probobly should be in the manual...maybe shoul dget servicing manual from honda ??
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    just do em up tight and they'll be fine, its nice to torque them to spec but not really necessary

the service manual from Honda will be a few hundred $, if you can find one online to download it will save you a lot of cash. Those manuals are worth their weight in gold

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by adammet04
    WTF...torque setting...man i know soo little about cars...

you mean torque setting for the bolts ???

probobly should be in the manual...maybe shoul dget servicing manual from honda ??
    Looking at the pics - it looks like you need to move either the items hanging off the bracket or the entire bracket. I would take this to a mechanic if you don't know what you are moving. There is power going to that box you need to shift - I would want to know what that is. It will not take a mechanic long to tell you whether this is worth doing. It also shouldn't cost much. Just my 2 cents.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    i told adam already... if really cant fit, he can returned it back to me..

i want customers to buy something that they can fit and it is my first time too having accord euro parts so.. it is a bit of a gample as well to try to cater to non teg and civic market... lol..

but i will find some help as well..

cheers
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Ill try and have a go at putting the vision bracket on some time this week. i think that if the bracket which i holding the item was thinner/better fitment then there is no probs with the vison item,
    there is about an inch of space between that bracket and item it supports. I have a feeling that if it were flush against that item then there would be no probs fitting the vision item...

thanks hondar for the info about the car part return if they dont directly bolt on: much appreciated,
    please dont think this thread is an attack on your products, just us trying to figure out how to make it work, as i think this front strut would be great if i can get it installed!!

its such a pity because the other side will fit perfectly!!...so freakin annoying !!

ill keep you guys updated over the next few days... Cheers

Adam

<edit> my descriptions of car parts and intention of thred are a little ambiguous, this has been fixed</edited>
    Last edited by adammet04; 08-02-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Acura TSX
    Adammet04-- Just got back into town, been gone all week. I'll snap some pics in the AM and post em up for you, so you can see the difference/ similarities of the US version vs yours.
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

cmf
    thanks for the pics,

i have looked at the pics you emailed through, and i think that blue thing (what is that?) on your tsx and our aus cars are where it is different. did you have to remove anything on that side to the best of your memory in order to fit the bar, you might have had to remove annd then reattach it..., it seems that a bracked is blocking accurate placement of the strut bar on a CL9...

i too will be out of town for the next week and as such wont have a chance to try this out., however i do have a torque wrench and will ring honda to try and get them to give me the torque settings for the bolts on the euro, the following week i will find out if we are a go for this specific mod....

cmf if you can get a closer pic of where the end of the bracket attaches to the bar i think that might help in figuring out just how different/the same the two cars are in this part

Cheers
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY