Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    yes you are correct

there is a new trend in cars

ebaydm or ebayspec or fake spec or copy spec

put in next to the real thing it will always be at least 4 x crap
    I want Dyno proof to say a lucky ebay Header makes any less gains than a Mugen one.
    Same design, same internal size.. Perhaps different collector design however?

It's hardly a trend.. It's called knowing what's worth the $, and knowing what ebay products aren't heaps of crap.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Even if you're right and the Ebay header is a competent 'replica' or a good product with R&D behind you OWE it to the original company for doing the R&D. A cheap ripoff company doesn't deserve the profits that belong to another company which is why a lot of wheel companies are going out of business - people who will do anything to cheap out and running them out of business by supporting the wrong manufacturer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Even if you're right and the Ebay header is a competent 'replica' or a good product with R&D behind you OWE it to the original company for doing the R&D. A cheap ripoff company doesn't deserve the profits that belong to another company which is why a lot of wheel companies are going out of business - people who will do anything to cheap out and running them out of business by supporting the wrong manufacturer.
    i understand this point but its not always viable by a $$$ stand point.

and price Vs performance - is it really good sense from a $ stand point to spend 1200 on a exhaust manifold when a copy one would sell for 400?

ill tell you now i work for peugeot and you can get a non genuine com2000 (switching block unit) for a 307 fot $400 its made in the same place, stored in the same wherehouse overseas and shipped in the same box (with logos and everything) if i put the genuine and non gen next to each other you wouldn't be able tell the difference the reason why we sell the genuine at 1200 is because we can say that this is a genuine part.

i know which i will choose if its a Name over $$$
    . h i t o r i k o .

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    its called looking for the item i would rather wait and look for the real thing than buying a fake one at the same price
    but end of the day you want to waste your money thats up to you

why dont you buy a fake dyno from ebay and test your cheap ass header against a good quailty header
    thats right you cant afford the real thing so you wouldnt know
    its not always about power theres fitment, clearance , design, longevity, etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Everyone has opinions.

I know where you coming from 90LAN i get what your saying. 90% of items for cars on ebay are junk and i wouldnt use. Steering wheels, Harness', Suspension parts, wheels, brakes. But an exhaust header i'd give it a try - if it fails i'll buy a propper one - but thats me.

But how is it wasting your money of the performance and fitment are similar or the same as the original?
    just because you dont get to say "i have a fujitsubo" doesnt mean the item isnt a good item and isn't going to give you value.
    . h i t o r i k o .

Member Array
    Car:
    HONDAAA
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    my mate bought tri y fake headers from ebay, design was crap and the gains from it was like - adding a pod fitler. as for the design, it hung very low and hits nearly every speed bump, on a mild low suspension.

genuine kiddracing RMF headers go for like, 500 , 600 new. best bang for buck header, even toda reccomends it.

looks the part aswell.
    Post web links of genuine RMF headers at this price please all I found was $1199
    Cool story bro

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ITR, EK4
    Mate try 5Zigen headers - I have one on my EK4 B16 and I must say I am happy with it. Picked it up for $500 its a recommended bro - As 90LAN said, fitment, clearance , design, longevity is the main factor when you're buying headers.

I will say, be patient, lookaround/search hard for a good quality header and i will find one - stay away from ebay stuff.
    When VTEC kicks in.. It's like having a..... You know the rest!!!!!!!
    ..<o>
    .... \__
    ...../\.....sup?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    Good brands cost more coin because of extensive R & D (Research & Development) done on the product.

Making sure it fits well, materials used, making power for the intended application.

Ex: Toda/ Mugen/ Spoon/ 5zigen/ Fujitsubo/ Hytech/ RMF/ DC Sports

Regarding EBay-Taiwan stuff, put your car on the dyno & find out the before & after result to find out if you spent your money wisely, or just burned it.

I predict the latter; speaking from previous experience.
    I SiR = Sport injection Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    its called looking for the item i would rather wait and look for the real thing than buying a fake one at the same price
    but end of the day you want to waste your money thats up to you

why dont you buy a fake dyno from ebay and test your cheap ass header against a good quailty header
    thats right you cant afford the real thing so you wouldnt know
    its not always about power theres fitment, clearance , design, longevity, etc
    Technically i'd call a waste of money, buying the more expensive header that makes almost no extra gains.. That is the waste.
    I'll buy a fake dyno, off ebay.. Sure.. Sounds like a plan.

How do you know i can't afford a 'real' header?
    I have $17,000 worth of modification in the engine bay alone, of my CB7.
    Bisimoto, Arias, Turbonetics, TiAL, AEM, RC, ESP, etc etc.. Brands such as these are used at every possible opportunity, and these brands are amongst the best in the world. Quality is a MUST in MOST circumstances, but in others.. It doesn't matter.
    Do you want to know where i bought my Distributor O-Ring Seal? My Thermostat Rubber Gasket? And my new Vacuum Lines?
    EBAY! Ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon SiRG View Post
    Ex: Toda/ Mugen/ Spoon/ 5zigen/ Fujitsubo/ Hytech/ RMF/ DC Sports
    DC Sports is a knock-off company, as is Megan and OBX.
    Not to say they don't make GOOD QUALITY stuff! But if we're dicussing the whole, being fair to the RnD Company issue.. Then these brands are also excluded from the shopping list.
    Last edited by Jccck; 07-07-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    I had DC headers in my EK years ago... I have no complaints, or nothing bad to say about them.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian128 View Post
    I had DC headers in my EK years ago... I have no complaints, or nothing bad to say about them.
    Exactly, DC are direct copys from the brandname stuff.. As is the ebay ones!
    DC Megan and OBX have brilliant quality control, so ALL of their stuff should be spot on perfect.
    Ebay stuff lacks that quality control.. So your chances of recieving a poorly manufactured product are greatly increased.. If you're willing to take the risk, and it pays off.. Big $ are saved.. That's all i'm saying.
    I'd buy a DC / Megan / OBX product any day, they're very reputable.

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    kiddracing are RMF copies.
    PLM make Bisimoto copies.
    AFAIK.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.