Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

supercharge + intake.

Hey guys.. just clear things up, the supercharger such as the jacksons racing s/c replaces the intake manifold.. correct?

in saying that, for someone like me, who has a CAI, does that mean you'll need a new CAI? or it should be fine hooking straight up to the s/c?

im just wondering if s/c affects the distance for the arm of the CAI and the intake manifold.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Correct. It replaces. And the intake arm length should be very similar.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    i do believe the JRSC should already have a intake piping tailored to the super charger. Unless your buying the kit as pieces, id say use what evers in the kit.

As its forced induction now, it doesnt really matter how big or long the intake arm is, as long as your feeding the super charger fresh air, it should be ok.

The distance of the intake piping doesnt effect the over all power unlike N.A cars
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Just hook up the SC IMO and then have a look at how your CAI lines up. You can probably modify it (hack saw!) or just make a new one cheaply with something like a 3" PVC pipe.