Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

To mod exhaust or not?

Hey ppl im contemplating on weather i should chop my axle back or not.
    Before you go running off.... its a dis-continued an only one i know in australia, Vision R axle back, so im bit sketchy on modding it lol

Its 60mm, but it bottle necks down where it bolts up, meaning it will fit oem b-pipe. But the new b-pipe im gonna put in is 60mm all the way, no bottle neck, so it wont fit onto the current axle back.

Should i find another/swap axle back, so no moddin is needed? or just go ahead, an get the shop to cut off the bottle neck and weld up new piping?

Just looking for opinions atm, not in a rush to go an do anything

PS: its for a coupe model
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Hey bro, IMO cut/mod your Vision R. To me it's all about the muffler and tip for looks/sound, not the part that bolts onto your B-pipe - that just has to function properly, not look good or w/e. Nobody will see it anyway, it'll be tucked underneath your car.

And if you need to sell it you'll most likely have more luck given that it's a larger size, for all those B-series enthusiasts

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Hey bro, IMO cut/mod your Vision R. To me it's all about the muffler and tip for looks/sound, not the part that bolts onto your B-pipe - that just has to function properly, not look good or w/e. Nobody will see it anyway, it'll be tucked underneath your car.

And if you need to sell it you'll most likely have more luck given that it's a larger size, for all those B-series enthusiasts
    cheers man , everything was pretty much what i wanted to hear lol, ill def get the shop to do it, even if it means a lil bit extra
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    +1 for the chop, you never get money back for parts these days. Don't stress on future resale.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post

exactly what i would say.

plus make life easier if you do any more mods you knwo that the exhaust wont be holding you back your HP
    . h i t o r i k o .

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Exactly, just cut it and enjoy it because you love that muffler!

Novak, I hear you picked up Manny's old exhaust. Will be nice to see you out on the track bro. Let me know when you go I'll come check it out

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    yes i did im gonna use that to learn to weld with.

Sweet you ahve to PM me when theres another catch up havent see you guys in ages, and say hi to your missus from me and my wife
    . h i t o r i k o .

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Good idea to learn to weld!

Will do bro, maybe catch up next weekend if I can get a day off work.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    thanks heaps guys, an yeah with resale, i doubt ill be selling the exhaust any time soon, as loud as it is, i still love it

60mm all the way
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Show me when ya done bro

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Chop it and keep it for life.

~King Of Spam~

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Nothing wrong with chopping an exhaust anyway.

My Kakimoto (brand spanking new) had to be cut on the B-pipe section so that it was short enough to be shipped to Australia. Was annoyed initially but it looks perfect underneath and has never been an issue since installation.