Are CP Pistons good?

Hi,
    Can someone tell me how good CP Pistons are and how they would compare to other available brands?

And, once fitted what sort of rpm can they handle?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Mate i think what your asking is Open-ended and there are simply too many factors. You need to sit down and set some goals. Then go speak to a engine builder & EFI tuner and ask the questions about the best way to obtain your goals.

Every brand & manufacture has its pro's & cons in terms of different power applications and any build is not specific about any one part its the combination of parts that is most important.

But in general ... Yes Cp are "good" and no better or worse then any other brand IMO.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

CP are great. used in NASCAR.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

used in my old dc2r, freak motor

Endyn Rollerwaves are best from my reading / observing.. CP are 'pretty' good.. Do some research on them, work out what silicon content means, what your purpose is. Just cause a piston is forged doesn't mean its good. Sometimes a cast piston is best value for money. Find out the PTW clearances and understand them...

excellence piston and looks great

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by ewendc2r View Post
    Endyn Rollerwaves are best from my reading / observing.. CP are 'pretty' good.. Do some research on them, work out what silicon content means, what your purpose is. Just cause a piston is forged doesn't mean its good. Sometimes a cast piston is best value for money. Find out the PTW clearances and understand them...
    isnt rollerwave just a process where they remove sharp edges on piston surface?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    just use what your builder and tuner is comfortable with and recomends, i have CP's in my RB26 and its going to see 30psi soon so i wouldnt say they are shit
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

CP is good...Carillo pistons - if they make pistons like they make their rods - you're sweet!
    MFactory Competition Products