Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Ukley you like things a bit rougher than most though.

I haven't had experience with matching a spring and shock but the sheer convenience of adjustable coilovers is something I'll preach til I lose my voice.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    ^^Word.

You get what you pay for. Because coilovers are adjustable it makes it that much easier for them to achieve the look and feel you want from a suspension set up. You might spend a few hundred on springs and not be satisfied with how your car sits, get defected and have to fork out more money on a new setup or going back to your stock one.
    Fork out the extra money, do it once, do it right and save yourself in the long run.
    That's how I view it anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Coilovers may be the way to go for me

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR

Act_gooner is right. Fork out the extra money, do it once, do it right and save yourself in the long run.
    Im very much convinced that coilovers is choice for adjustable ride height anytime you want.

You buy the lowered springs.
    a) is not lower enough; so you sell em to get much lower ones
    b) heaps lower u get defected and on the search if you havent sold em to get your stock ones back in.

You buy coilovers however and you set em to firstly as low as the correct legal limit.
    And still be able to take corners without it feeling like a boat everywhere.

As for coilover choice i had some really hard coilovers which didnt make it all too comfortable for the passenger/driver.
    Since changing to Tien Super Streets im won over.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    ^^ you beat me to it GEE

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    skunk2 sleeves and skunk2 sports shocks, 8kg front & 6kg rear. that is my current setup its great.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Woozy.
    Im running Kmacs springs with GAB damper adjustable shocks.
    They feel really good and sorta cheaper... but alot more expensive then kingsprings + oem..
    They do sit at the height i want but i just want that front a bit lower! ( thats the only negative point for buying springs)

Other wise... as a daily with sensible height i think springs will be the better choice.
    ps: i hate kings get other than kings

My 2cents
    Currently my DC5 are running on Buddy Club Racing Spec Dampers, and i can tell you. The most unsatisfying ride ever! you can feel every bump every cranny, and it's just horrible. I would stick to spring's if it's a daily ride, my personal opinion anyway's.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Do all of you cheap coilover peeps have girlfriends/wives?
    Even if you can live the harsh ride, your partner (unless she is a skank or crack ho) will hate you for it.

Bottom line is if you want a good street daily setup, then get Spring/shock combo which will be cheaper than even cheap coils(Koni/Tokiko/Bilstein etc... and a good spring (not Kings IMO).

If you want a weekend track car then you can use cheap coilovers if you like.

Third choice is expensive coilovers, which give the best of both worlds. Expect to pay at least $3K new.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    My point of view, i see getting shocks is like getting 3rd party insurance you rather go all the way and get premium insurance ( coilovers) More options and its for the better. But it all comes down to your budget. You do love your car right all hondas deserve the best=]