Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Trying to not spend too much on my car, the most affordable
    Coilover system I can think of is BC for around $1200-$1300. how much would i expect to pay For decent shocks?

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodzy View Post
    Trying to not spend too much on my car, the most affordable
    Coilover system I can think of is BC for around $1200-$1300. how much would i expect to pay For decent shocks?
    For memory I think Koni yellows are about 6 or 7 hundred. If you buy those with half decent springs you should spend under 1K easily. I can't be bothered checking though as I'm on my phone lol just do a quick google search.

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    the problem with shock & spring combo is getting the right match (mainly spring rates), could be too soft or too stiff...with coilovers u have a matched up shocks & spring rate which would work perfectly straight away...
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Member Array
    Car:
    dog
    definitely coilovers. Adjust where you want and, bonus if you get ones that are damper adjustable. Plus when you get defected you can raise it back up.

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    When you get defected, you would probably have to change them out, depending on the state you are in.

SA for example, you cant be able to lower it lower than legal, so there must be something that doesnt allow the perch to go that low, such as a weld on the thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Seems as though for an extra $300 I can get the right spring & shock combo (coilovers) I wonder what pedders are like...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Pedders coilovers, or shocks alone? From experience and other opinions they are not worth your coin.

If you can deal with stiff suspension (you do get used to it) coilovers are a lot of fun. You can get a second hand set of good coilovers for much less than $1300, probably more like $600-800.

Aim for something with a reasonably sensible spring rate like 8kg/6kg. Height adjustable is great, especially if they are threaded sleeves, whereas the ring-type sleeves are a bit of a nuisance.
    Damper adjustable setups are nice but not something I've ever bothered with because I don't do track work at this point and I doubt many people can feel the difference between all of those 16 or 32 settings lol.

If you buy new shocks + springs you will be out of pocket enough to easily afford a set of coilovers. I have Bilstein coilovers on both my daily Civic and my CRX project. They're stiff, but still quite comfortable. Both ring-type height adjustment (once you get it right, it's fine just leave it) and neither damper adjustable. I paid $600 for each set delivered from Japan, used but good condition. And they can be rebuilt locally.

For daily driving you could consider something like Skunk2 Pro S. They're height adjustable (threaded) and 8kg/6kg. Stiff but not ridiculous.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Awesome, shocks would mainly be $500-$600+? and the springs would be a couple of a hundred too, makes sense to buy coilovers for just that little bit more.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    They won't cost more unless you buy brand new, which you don't need to.

Springs (depending on which ones) are usually $240-400. Shocks I have no idea. Just buy second hand coilovers and it'll be cheaper and better. But only if you're happy to drive stiff

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i have the damper setting on my bc racing on max and its not that stiff

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    i have the damper setting on my bc racing on max and its not that stiff
    You must have replaced your seat with a bean bag lol

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    lol. could be the big 50 profile tyres i got flexing

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.