Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i

DIY Install Catback

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has removed their stock exhaust and put another one in without having to go to a mechanic.
    I would rather do it myself and I've only found guides for the RSX. So would it be similar to the RSX setup?? (RSX being the DC5 Integra (correct me If I'm wrong))

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has removed their stock exhaust and put another one in without having to go to a mechanic.
    I would rather do it myself and I've only found guides for the RSX. So would it be similar to the RSX setup?? (RSX being the DC5 Integra (correct me If I'm wrong))

Thanks!
    If you can lift the car up high enough to work on........

It's all nuts and bolts shouldn't be too hard.. If you can lift te car up high enough safely.

Cinderblock = death btw
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Should just be.3 bolts connected to the cat then just rubber bushes connecting to the exhaust and can be pulled off

I don't think you can get the exhaust out without dropping the rear shock tower (from below) and control arm if it is a 1 piece exhaust?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by munkaii View Post
    I don't think you can get the exhaust out without dropping the rear shock tower (from below) and control arm if it is a 1 piece exhaust?
    Aka: got a hoist? If not go to a shop lol
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Aka: got a hoist? If not go to a shop lol
    Don't need a hoist lol. I did it the other day with hand tools no problems. Undo control arm bolt, undo bottom of strut bolt and the control arm will drop with the hub, allowing you to manoeuvre the exhaust out.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    As long as you have jackstands on all four corners, and alot of patience.

If the car is older your more likely going to have snapped bolts.
    Isnt it just the rear swaybar in the way?
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9