Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

CL9 + Sound system

Hey guys, real keen on upgrading the sound system in my CL9. Stock system sounds good, but gets a bit distorted around 30+ on volume control, I want it a bit louder :P
    I want to put front splits, 6x9's, 4 chan amp and a sub in, BUT i want the amp and sub to be hidden. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the sub and amp concealed in some form or way in my boot? I just don't want them showing for personal preference, but im a bit unsure on how to. Just curious if anyone has done it in their Euro and if they can offer some tips or advice?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 NBP CL9
    I wanted this at one point in time...but its basically impossible. The usdm version at least as that is were I am from. If your guys' accord euro is exactly the same as our tsx(cl9 as well) then I guess you could try taking out the spare tire and putting your sub in there. And if you have an amp small enough you could maybe put it under the front passenger seat. Your also going to need more then 1 4 channel amp as well to power your sub.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Dunno if can b done but two 6 inch subs in the middle seat of the back seats with the removal of the ARM rest and place a bit of board over it should make it invisible then amp in under passenger seat might vibrate a bit though

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    If your going to get a sub don't get 6x9's just get 6inches. Otherwise when you turn it up the 6x9's will distort. As for the sub being concealed, you could get it put in your boot and have a false wall put in. The only negative is that you loose boot space, but is probably the easiest way to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    i got 6.5's 3 way splits in the front door... 6x9 4 ways in the rear and 2 12 inch Subs in the boot... with 1 4 channel amp and a monoblock for the bass box =-D

My amps are mounted on my back seats behind the Sub box and the box is in the boot just havent braced it down yet... but the speakers are mounter on top of the panels.... =D

any questions just ask i did it all myself so yeh =D
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    which state are you located in? budget?

of course it can be done. simply ask for a 'stealth install' when you enquire installers. you want something like these, correct?:

it doesnt apply to only subboxes either. you can do the same with your amp/s. or if the dimensions are right, have it placed under a seat.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Arverson that is exactly what I want!! I just wanna stick my amp somewhere where it can't be seen!
    I live in the south east suburbs of melbourne

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    perfect. get in contact with 'phatt audio concepts'. theyre located in braeside - literally a 2 minute drive from the kings pool place, if you know where that is. speak to sam.

check out their website if you have any further enquiries. www.phattaudio.com.au
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    how much did that set you back?
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    those aernt my boots. theyre 4 different cars done by the guys at fhrx, tho these will be easy work for the guys at phatt too. or frankston car audio if you supply a headunit.. or riverside customs in werribee. google their websites for contacts if your curious about anything they do.

Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    If your going to get a sub don't get 6x9's just get 6inches. Otherwise when you turn it up the 6x9's will distort. As for the sub being concealed, you could get it put in your boot and have a false wall put in. The only negative is that you loose boot space, but is probably the easiest way to do it.
    You can tweek the gains or scope it to ensure that they dont clip, thus no distortion. I hate 6X9 thou... lol

You can have stealth install or hide them in the spare wheel well, removing the spare tire, god help if you get a flat in the middle of no where, nothing a can of tire repair cant fix unless your tires blows up. Some friends of mine does it, they keep a can or repair kit and a electric mini pump in the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    guys how did you go about connecting the stock head unit to the amps?

I only just purchased my CL9 and coming from a civic where i had a DIN headunit and full system 2 x amps 2 x 12 inch subs and 4 x 6 inch splits I am real keen on getting some of this gear into my 05 CL9.

Ive seen the double DIN modification , is what you all are using? (i dont like the idea of having 1 redundant unit in my car) Anyway to add an EQ to the stock head unit and some kind of connector that adds RCA connections to the stocky?

Really appreciate any info on this.