Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic

EK1 - no brakes!

Ill cut a long story short. There was a noiuse coming from the front brake pads so i took them out to check them, fitted them back in. Went for a drive and brake pedal went straight to the floor with a little pressure. So then i came back bled the brakes n it still was doind the same thing.

So then i though it couldve been a seal in the master cylinder, had that rebuilt. fitted that back on bled the brakes again then took it around the blocked. I had more engine compression then i did brakes!!

So now that we have ruled out the master cylinder, im trying to think what else it could be. there are absolutely no leaks anywhere the calipers are fine n i ve checked the lines several times for cracks/spilts etc. Could there be another explanation as to why the pedal is still hitting the floor? its really starting to piss me off n as like most of you, its my only way of transport so id like to get this rectified asap. cheers guys...

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post
    Ill cut a long story short. There was a noiuse coming from the front brake pads so i took them out to check them, fitted them back in. Went for a drive and brake pedal went straight to the floor with a little pressure. So then i came back bled the brakes n it still was doind the same thing.

So then i though it couldve been a seal in the master cylinder, had that rebuilt. fitted that back on bled the brakes again then took it around the blocked. I had more engine compression then i did brakes!!

So now that we have ruled out the master cylinder, im trying to think what else it could be. there are absolutely no leaks anywhere the calipers are fine n i ve checked the lines several times for cracks/spilts etc. Could there be another explanation as to why the pedal is still hitting the floor? its really starting to piss me off n as like most of you, its my only way of transport so id like to get this rectified asap. cheers guys...
    how much pad left? did you use dot 3/4/5/5.1?
    how was the pedal feel when you bleed brake?
    did you check brake pedal mechanism?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    How did you bleed the air, have you done it alone ?

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    check for a busted hose or pipe.. u might of missed a leak somewhere

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    this may be stupid but did u pump the brake pedal before going out for a drive??

also check every part of the braking system for leaks. look around the prop valve aswell.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Do u have the one way valve in the vacum line from the booster to the intake manifold...