Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by glazewolf View Post
    I'm considering a strut bar but I'm worried about the chassis flexing due to the expansion and contraction of the strut bar so I'm looking for a cheap one with a carbon fibre bar but theyre really hard to find..anyone got any ideas? because apparently aluminium is not good when it comes to thermal contraction/expansion.
    I wouldn't worry about thermal expansion effects - these effects would be so small that they are effectively negligible over a small temperature range. Any thermal expansion present would most probably be a few orders of magnitude smaller than the chassis flex you'd get under cornering loads.

Besides, steel, which the car body is made out of, expands with heat too, just not to the same degree as aluminium. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    it doesn't negatively affect ride quality (cause you still have the same suspension), IMO it helps suspension function fully by limiting the body flex (if you know what I mean).
    Yep, I definitely agree with you on that one! Sounds like the $70 eBay cheapy is the way to go! Just gotta wait for my tax return to come in...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    hey if i get the CT Icebox will i have to remove the front bumper bar and all the other stuff?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    According to the instructions.. Yes
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    HMMMMMMMM SELL MY EURO?? lol grr dam it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    I would recommend a strut bar as per the reasons Fred has already posted, limits body roll at the front blah blah. How's the quality on the ebay ones? Maybe check the guys a tsxc if any of them have had any experiences with it. I've got the Cusco one and it's great! Fairly light and quite rigid and looks great in the engine bay lol
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by dee-y View Post
    I would recommend a strut bar as per the reasons Fred has already posted, limits body roll at the front blah blah. How's the quality on the ebay ones? Maybe check the guys a tsxc if any of them have had any experiences with it. I've got the Cusco one and it's great! Fairly light and quite rigid and looks great in the engine bay lol
    Mine's exactly same as Cusco except the the base is heavier than the Cusco, the shiny bar part is aluminum so I cant complain :-)
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    UPDATE: REAR BUMPER HAS ARRIVED AT MY PLACE
    (Picture coming soon)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Just spoke to my mechanic about the.differences between eBay strut bars and branded bars the branded bars have metal in the bar as well to increase stiffness where the eBay ones are just hollow not sure if it provides much of a difference though

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Just spoke to my mechanic about the.differences between eBay strut bars and branded bars the branded bars have metal in the bar as well to increase stiffness where the eBay ones are just hollow not sure if it provides much of a difference though
    Cusco's are also hollow... Solid bar's would be something like 20 kg's lol

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    nice build so far man have you joined jdmstyletuning yet?
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    You do realise that should the police catch you with a test pipe fitted on your car you will be facing a fine of up to $10,000.00... just something to consider. The weapon R comes with the test pipe but I do not recommend installing it... go for a high flow cat option.

Nice build though
    Last edited by AlexK; 16-08-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    JDM is Best