Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Kings springs fail!!! Tips needed!!

Hey guys,

I just got a new set of king springs on my 04 DC5. Unfortnately they dont sit as low as I wanted to. On the kings spring site it said that it would be a 40mm drop but when I measured it, it doesnt seem like its anywhere near that drop. I had a huge blow out with the guys who installed and ordered it, and they said theres nothing they can do since it was the exact part for the car because i had given them the exact month and year of manufacture of the car. Basically I am still stuck with a gap between the tyres and the car.

I was just wondering if there is anyway i can rectify this problem? or would I have to get a new set of springs?

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    cut the springs OR on a serious note get them compressed?
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Are they brand new? How much of a gap is there? King Springs actually sag very quickly within the first few weeks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Are they brand new? How much of a gap is there? King Springs actually sag very quickly within the first few weeks.
    Yeah man they are brand new.

Member Array
    oh the joys of using lowering springs
    naturally i finished my set.

Give it 2 months. And spend a day sitting in your boot jumping up and down. Sometimes the rear doesn't have enough weight to settle properly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    from memory king springs on a dc5r was a 2 finger gap between the wheel and the guard

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Give it 2 months. And spend a day sitting in your boot jumping up and down. Sometimes the rear doesn't have enough weight to settle properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Firstly, you need to give it time to settle. Also, which type of King springs do you have? I'm pretty sure they have the three categories of "low", "super-low" and "ultra-low"... or something like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    There was innitially about a 2.5" gap, now its about 1.6". If it drop down to about a 1" gap I would be happy. But I guess we'll just wait and see. *fingers crossed*.

Thanks for the help guys. Just incase they dont settle? am I looking at new springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Are you using stock shocks? Even if they don't sag as much as you like the lower category of Kings Springs shouldn't cost you much, just trying selling yours and using the money on another second hand pair or something if your on a tight budget.

Lol at jumping in your boot, what the deuce charliebrown

^You think i'm joking... i'm not.

Back when i had my rear springs in, it was a lot higher than the front. Then i was doing some work with my antenna in the boot for a few hours, when i got out, the car was lower and it stayed lower. It seems only logical that there was not sufficient weight on the rear end to allow the springs to settle down. (no im not fat)