Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda

Knock sensor - which one?

Hi , Iam in need of a new knock sensor, should I go for a genuine Honda one think they are $280 approx

eBay had a few, has anyone tried them, the below has 2nd aswell

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Parts-Ac...ock+sensor+b16

Any comments appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    The below says lifetime warranty - do you believe this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1992-2001...item564505282c

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    i think its best to go with oem.
    friend used aftermarket one and didnt work well with his stock ecu..not really sure y..
    just fyi

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    cheers nugget, good to no, managed to get hold of a good 2nd one

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    What motor is it for?

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    was for a B16a1

Hi

Just after confirmation the knock sensor is on the left and oil pressure sensor on the right?

Also, the knock sensor from what I understand should only have one wire (red/blue) ?? Mine has two - pink/blue and black - earth

I never had the oil pressure sensor wired up as I have mechanical gauges, looking at the wiring for both these sensors they are very close together, I am wondering if I had the wiring the wrong way except the sensors and plugs lined up and fitted perfectly

As anyone tried testing there knock sensor - the correct procedure? I think Iam doing it correctly as per manual but not 100% sure

can someone please confirm the wiring colours for each of these sensors for b16a1 using obd2 ecu - I have checked my manual but cant find where the pink/blue wire is on the diagram!!

Help!
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    I think the Left is the Oil Pressure Light, looks much like an oil fitting thread to me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    the knock sensor is on the left and has one pin on the inside but gas two wires going to it on the plug - pink/blue and a black?

But I have another wire (red/blue) coming out of the loom which I never used, now Iam wondering if I had wired the knock sensor up incorrectly, but it's taken 12 months for this code -23 to show - Iam pretty sure my engine is from a USA car

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    This is the ks plug which was attached - pink/blue and a black, but the sensor has one pin on the inside

Last edited by monda2; 18-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    Ok, I have done some more research and it looks like my ecu is actually a ODB1, by the looks of it the red/blue goes to D11?

the below is a photo of the loom connectors, from memory this is another way of verifying the which ecu?? Can someone confirm please?