Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Yeah, but what if you don't want it to spool below 3,000RPM, but rather above? This way you can drive without hitting boost all the time if you don't want to.
    I see where ur coming from, awhile ago, i use to drive my brothers S15 heaps of times, an it just flutters constantly with no BOV, cop bait imo

Doesnt matter what turbo it is, its just how u drive really. Just cause a turbo comes on quickly below 3000rpm, doesnt mean it will constantly be under boost. remember, boost come comes on hard when u push pedal to the medal. I can say for a fact, driving my mates eg, with the greddy kit, it never hits boost, unless u want it to, an that turbo, is the smallest u can get, td04 turbo, for those engine, anything smaller, u will choke the motor.

Driving off boost is like driving any other car, untill u mash the throttle
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    I would recommend mods to close this thred based on past reactions.

If you want to get more genunine feedback based on real life projects (not ozhonda jibber-jabber) just use www.D-series.org
    Mate if u dont wanna contribute, the doors that way
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    lol.... i have contributed plenty in the past and everything imagineable has been said under the sun on this topic. You are not going to get what you want from this forum... If you want real useable info based on experience then use www.d-series.org for your needs !

Good luck !
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    nothing wrong with having info on this forum!!
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    lol.... i have contributed plenty in the past and everything imagineable has been said under the sun on this topic. You are not going to get what you want from this forum... If you want real useable info based on experience then use www.d-series.org for your needs !

Good luck !
    i see where u come from lol, but yeah definite d-series, but its good to have info here, from first hand

But remember, what they do there, can vastly differ to what we do here in australia. there tunes differ to ours, different climate, different fuels, different results but indeed, theres heaps info there on how they set it up, an how it runs etc etc....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I hear the SOHC D's hold about 140kw max, and once you put 140-150kw they throw rods.

If I wanted a turbo setup that didn't hit full boost until about 3,500-4,000 RPM what size turbo would you guys recommend? Because if ever turbo my D16Y1 I don't want it to be spooling so quickly so that I can still rev it to 2,500-3,000 without chomping through the juice so hard...
    im running a t28 and i get full boost at 4000rpm but boost starts 5psi at 2500 rpm.
    hope that helps ya question.

i also get alot of wheel spins in 1st an 2nd gear when hiting full boost.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_zivic View Post
    im running a t28 and i get full boost at 4000rpm but boost starts 5psi at 2500 rpm.
    hope that helps ya question.

i also get alot of wheel spins in 1st an 2nd gear when hiting full boost.

It does, thanks! What kind of power are you putting down? You can only make so much before traction becomes and issue and you're going backwards...

Member Array
    im not sure how much its making. havent dynoed.

im going in for a full tune along with my mates cars as well so prob in august/September once clutch is in along with vti gearbox, fidanza flywheel,new gt28 turbo, full 3" catback, 750cc injects, hondata map sensor, electronic boost controller.

so i be getting it tuned at 12psi. dont care if it bails on me, i got a d16y1 along the side which im building from top to bottom and going drop that in next year.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Anyway guys, thanks for everyone's contribution!

I'd like to bring up forth this question that causes me to be abit concerned about dturboing..

What are the legal requirements? engineering cert? how much? what needs to be done to be able to pass legally? is a 5 stud conversion neccesary?
    "HONDA = Hold On Not Done Accelerating."

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by jaces13 View Post
    Anyway guys, thanks for everyone's contribution!

I'd like to bring up forth this question that causes me to be abit concerned about dturboing..

What are the legal requirements? engineering cert? how much? what needs to be done to be able to pass legally? is a 5 stud conversion neccesary?
    You obviously need the engineering cert, to 'certify' that the vehicles handling is ample for the power you now have.. Also as proof that it isn't some half-assed job that'll blow a hose and leave an oilslick and a burnt out Honda sitting on the freeway.

Non-atmospheric BoV.. IIRC you can't get Atmospheric's engineered.
    Has to stay within emissions (There are some exceptions)
    As far as price.. Jump onto the RTA website and find the list of approved engineers, call one up and ask him!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I rekon they'll get you to uprate your brakes.

sorry to bring about B series, but i've seen some engineered with DC2R front calipers.

you probably dont have to hassle yourself THAT much, but you'll have to do something about it.
    Is the car rolling on drums or disks? should change the drums maybe.

just something to think about. Especially if its a daily.. you dont wna be coming around a corner too fast realising that your brakes are fading.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiiiwon View Post
    I rekon they'll get you to uprate your brakes.

sorry to bring about B series, but i've seen some engineered with DC2R front calipers.

you probably dont have to hassle yourself THAT much, but you'll have to do something about it.
    Is the car rolling on drums or disks? should change the drums maybe.

just something to think about. Especially if its a daily.. you dont wna be coming around a corner too fast realising that your brakes are fading.
    Im no engineer, but i agree with you... if ppl with eg/ek do a engine swap, they have to do the same with the brakes, what ever the engine came from, it must use similar brakes or better....

Better off doin the ITR brake upgrade for that peace of mind considering u already paid well over 2-5k for a good amount of power/speed
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC