Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    well my understanding is that you need to have all obd2a(preface) or all ob2b(facelift) parts for it to be compatibale and plug in right or you need conversion harnesses and such if you have unmatching parts which is why im asking if its all from a facelift as im pretty sure you said you have a late model b16a2 so i would think you need a late model harness and late model ek4 ecu for the ek4 ecu to plug in but as ive said tho i dont know much about ecus and conversions so could be wrong.

It would have to be farhenheit if its the reading or you coolant would be boiling all over the place at 150 celsius. 150 F is about 66 celsius which is quite low, normal operating temp is about 80-90 ish IIRC. Might be using the ECT to bump up the idle still at the temp ill see if i can find any info in my manuals on what temp it stops using the ect. The thermostat controls the minimum operating temp so if you give it a bootful you will still be able to get it up to normal operating temp.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    well my understanding is that you need to have all obd2a(preface) or all ob2b(facelift) parts for it to be compatibale and plug in right or you need conversion harnesses and such if you have unmatching parts which is why im asking if its all from a facelift as im pretty sure you said you have a late model b16a2 so i would think you need a late model harness and late model ek4 ecu for the ek4 ecu to plug in but as ive said tho i dont know much about ecus and conversions so could be wrong.

It would have to be farhenheit if its the reading or you coolant would be boiling all over the place at 150 celsius. 150 F is about 66 celsius which is quite low, normal operating temp is about 80-90 ish IIRC. Might be using the ECT to bump up the idle still at the temp ill see if i can find any info in my manuals on what temp it stops using the ect. The thermostat controls the minimum operating temp so if you give it a bootful you will still be able to get it up to normal operating temp.

Thanks for this in regards to this I have swapped out alternators which was the only plug which did not suit my b16a2 Dude so I have all the correct parts and everything is connected lol I am just gonna take it to a mechanic for full inspection tomorrow

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    but arnt you running a b18 ecu instead of an ek4 ecu because the ek4 ecu wont plug in to your current harness? Im thinking some of your setup is obd2a and some is obd2b as an obd2b harness wont plug into an obd2a ecu and vice versa.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    if he is running crome then he is OBDI

ensure you have chosed the correct ROM as well, as if you have rich or lean idle mixtures you can find the engine will hunt

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    if he is running crome then he is OBDI

ensure you have chosed the correct ROM as well, as if you have rich or lean idle mixtures you can find the engine will hunt
    Yeah I had a Crome
    Ecu with a conversion harness to run it and recently had to trash the Crome
    Ecu as It burnt out... It sucks ass paid $350 for it plus tune lol it never ran right and always hunted but with the b18 ecu I am
    Running now the car doesn't hunt etc my car is totally weird

Account Disabled Array
    Does it run normal now with the B18c ECU?

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Does it run normal now with the B18c ECU?
    It was running ok except when it gets warm the revs stick at 3,000 when clutch Is engaged then slowly decreases and sits as 1,500 rpms with no CEL on but on second start up when engine is still warm CEL code is alight and the car runs normal idles at 1,000 rpms and decreases revs when clutch is engaged

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by blastnpast View Post
    Yeah I had a Crome
    Ecu with a conversion harness to run it and recently had to trash the Crome
    Ecu as It burnt out... It sucks ass paid $350 for it plus tune lol it never ran right and always hunted but with the b18 ecu I am
    Running now the car doesn't hunt etc my car is totally weird

I can fix it for you if you like.