Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Damp Smell Inside Cabin....?? Help

Hi Guys,

i have noticed recently especially after raining/wet weather that inside my cabin smells very musty and damp... i have no idea why..

I cannot find any wet patches on any of the carpets or anything (And yes all the windows were done up fully so no leakage here)

Its almost unpleasent..

any idea on what this might be? Or how i could remdy it? The car is a 2007 model i would expect it to have issues yet....

st has a faint cat pee smell.......

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    When was the last time you had the cabin pollen air filter replaced?

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    When was the last time you had the cabin pollen air filter replaced?

- HZ
    me? never, i bought the car only 3 weeks ago.

Where is the said filter?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Glove box drops down to reveal it. Check the manual, it should show you where the pollen filter is and how to unclip the glove box. They get filthy.

- HZ

Nope, not the filter. That was perfectly clean.

I have pulled out all floor mats to see if it's that.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Mine had a damp smell. Hit it with a can of Glen 20 and was fine after that. I sprayed half a can in there closed the car up overnight then did it again the next night seemed to work.

ok well it seems its my floor mats.... pulled them out last night and left them in the shed overnight, got in the car this morning and it smelled like leather and new car.

so it must be the floor mats.

Now the issue is they are genuine floormats so i want to keep them but obviously they need cleaning.

What is the most effective way to clean them? Hire one of those carpet cleaner things? or what would a detailers chagre just to do a set of floor mats? would they do a proper wet-vac clean?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by haitim01 View Post
    ok well it seems its my floor mats.... pulled them out last night and left them in the shed overnight, got in the car this morning and it smelled like leather and new car.

Now the issue is they are genuine floormats so i want to keep them but obviously they need cleaning.

What is the most effective way to clean them? Hire one of those carpet cleaner things? or what would a detailers chagre just to do a set of floor mats? would they do a proper wet-vac clean?
    try some upholstery cleaner on them first,, 15$ super cheap,, try that first cus the wet-vac cost a bit to hire and detailer charge heaps too for just steaming/soap/vac (which u cud do urself with the steamer for ur clothes) .

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by haitim01 View Post

do u have a gerni??

if so you can use that to clean them

what you do is soak them in water first, then get same clothes washing detergent and scrub it in with a strong brush. once you have done that hit it with a gerni and they will come out like new!
    OEM parts whore

A gerni/ high pressure cleaner?

Nope dont have one, but im sure i can find one......

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    cant you just use those odour-off stuff that they sell at coles n woolies?

my friends dad sweated like a pig in his car.. man the smell that awful! and it wouldn't go.
    so we bought him that and it got rid of the smell.

there's different types; a spray, a powder, foam..

try that before you go around throwing your cash away.