Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '03 CL9 Lux

Exclamation Need help!! Urgent!!

I've got a 2003 CL9 LUX. The OPD sensors in the front left passenger seat are gone. Honda have tried resetting the ECU and the SRS computer with no luck. They have told me that the wiring etc. is all fine and they are 100% sure it's the sensors (they better be - spent $470 on two inspections just so that they can be sure of what the problem is - bloody thieves!). Anyway, they quoted me $1,900 for replacing the two sensors!!!!

I've been going around looking for second hand seats so that I can replace the seat itself (it's obviously going to be a lot cheaper than $1,900). I haven't been able to find the lux leather seats but I have found a few standard CL9 seats.

The questions I have are:

1. Will I be able to replace my lux seat with the standard seat by simply not connecting the heater or the electric plugs (correct me if I'm wrong; there're 3 plugs under the lux seats - airbags, heater and electric?).

2. Are the airbag connectors the same on both the lux and the standard seats?

3. Do the standard euro seats have side airbags and OPD sensors in them?

4. Other than getting the ECU and the SRS computer reset, is there anything else that I might need to do to make it work?

5. Any thing else that I may be able to do to fix this issue without getting robbed from Honda?

I know the seat is going to look hideous, but I can live with it if I'm saving close to $1,400.

Also, if anyone is selling a front left passenger seat (parting out or something?), please do let me know (reply here or call/text any time on 0416 518 991)

Any advice would be appreciated. Got till the 27th of July to sort all this out, hence the urgency.

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    If your happy with keeping you car for a while then it should be fine.

Or if you know the part number for the sensors find out if the TSX or the Accord (USDM) use the same sensors.

It would be the kind of part that alot of hondas would use to save costs so see if you can find it out and by it from the us and install it yourself.

Or you could by the seat in the standard version and replace the sensor from that to your seat and it should be fine.

Try any of them you should be sweet

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '03 CL9 Lux
    Getting the part is not the issue. The part isn't all that expensive. The main cost involved in Honda's quote is labor since it's quite a bit of work to rip apart the entire seat and put it back together after changing the sensors. I'm guessing if I get this done from anywhere else, it will cost more or less the same, which is why I'm considering replacing the seat temporarily till I save enough money to get the sensors in my leather seat replaced. I'm extremely short on time which is why I'm looking for a cheap alternative before I get the real job done later on. I can live with mismatched seats for a few weeks at the most, not a permanently :P

Thanks Marquee.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '03 CL9 Lux
    Please people, I am close to desperation here! absolutely any advice, any help that you can offer?!

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    hit up some new model wrecking yards, you might be able to find a 2nd hand seat which is the same as urs.
    OEM parts whore