Interior Map Light Issue

Hi everyone I've got an issue with my interior map lights that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on.

Basically what's happening is that my left map light doesn't come on when I open my door but the right one works fine. If I push the left light and turn it on manually it comes up but refuses to when I open the door. Tried swapping the bulbs so that's not the issue. Guessing something is wrong with the wiring...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AITj5mKZJFA

Anyways, thought I'd post up hoping someone else has been through this and has an easy solution. Any feedback at all would be appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    Interesting, i had the same problem, and took it apart to check the switch etc, same problem, but after I screwed everything back up the whole lot stopped working, with both the door and button! I was just going to replace the whole unit, assuming it's faulty, so if you find a solution please share!

Ollie

Jeez that sucks, how much are you looking at for a new unit? Was planning on taking mine apart over the weekend.

I'll be sure to update if I find anything useful. Hopefully someone else on here will know what's gone wrong... hopefully.