Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 08 CU2

Lightbulb CU2 HID log lights doesn't turn on when lights are set to automatically

Guys,

Recently purchased a set of HIDs from maxvision australia and I noticed something NQR.

If I have my lights set to Automatically turn on when I start my engine, sometimes only 1 of the fogs turn on. Sometimes both are not working. However, having said that if I manually turn it off and on again, both will work.

This only happens when I start the car. If I have it on Auto and turn keep the key to ignition only then fogs are on. Then I go to start the engine and they both turn off. Something about the ignition is causing this. Does anyone else have the same problem?

The problem was also encountered on other cars that have Auto lights switch.

I suspect it has something to do with a fail safe in the ballast if anything. (The standard Honda HID lights work without a problem)

Anyone else have this problem or know how to overcome this?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro CU2
    I'm guessing its an electrical design issue with Japanese cars.

your hid fogs are after market, and i assume the ballasts need a quite high voltage to start the "High Intensity Discharge".

you see the low beam hids already need vast amount of the design voltage to start while ignition (hence the low voltage look to all the lights at one instance), the battery just can't take that much. and when the alternator kicks in, everything's gone normal (hence turn the fogs off then on it works).

It's the same issue with CD players, with Japanese cars when you start the engine, CD pauses/shuts for an instance to allow all the voltage to go igniting the engine and lights and stuff.

I have been driving bmws and mercs, the CD functions normally when turning the key.
    Last edited by ministig; 18-07-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 08 CU2
    Great explanation. Sounds quite logic there. So would upgrading to a stronger battery resolve the issue?