Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUGE-ITR View Post
    Hmmm.... Sounds like alot of work. I dont really want to "hack" out my radiator support, its too much of a nice car to hack things like that.

What about the OBX itb's you see on ebay for like $600? Would they be a better option?

As for the ecu, i will upgrade eventually but i still want to be able to drive it. Should the O2 sensor compensate for the larger amount of air coming through? If its beyond its a/f band range (0.5v stock from memory i think) then wouldnt the ecu throw a code saying its out of its limits?

Im deciding between the Haltech and K-Pro at the moment..... so pricey for both of them. lol
    ITB's will be a real pain in the arse to tune, and I think you must have a Kpro or something similar to use it. You may have issues with air con after that aswell. Pretty much anything you do to a car in regards to the engine will throw up a check engine light
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

i think i will just bite the bullet and buy a k-pro.

Is anyone here running itb's? Im not too fussed about not having aircon cause atleast i can still put that back on later if i want to, cutting the rad support is a permanent mod. lol

Im hoping the gains are worth the money spent, lol. im after more mid range response than outright power though.

Well, in the interest of saving you money, buy all the performance mods your thinking of buying or will be buying in the future before getting a tune, so do you dont have to fork out for retuning aswell. I think ITB's are illegal on the street in Sydney and they are really, really loud.

yeah makes sense..i might just stock up my parts and get it tuned in one go.

i like loud.

Trust me your way better off learn from my mistake!
    ITB's are excessively loud. Like so loud the cops can tell straight away, pop the hood see the ITB's, think WTF and defect you unless you have a engineers cert.

damn, i might just incase them then.

Would it be better off going enclosed ITB's over a ported RBC manifold with 73mm throttle body?

Never heard of enclosed ITB's before sorry I cant say anything. RBC ported to 73mm tb sounds good if you just want more power but dont want to be hounded by the police.

yeah true. Ill have to decide soon, i need to know which side to mount my Ek radiator. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUGE-ITR View Post
    Hmmm.... Sounds like alot of work. I dont really want to "hack" out my radiator support, its too much of a nice car to hack things like that.
    Well, I know someone who's done the cutting and did a good job of it. Looks factory and fits nicely. Only problem, is that the bonnet rod needs to go as it will hit the rbc (cut or bash).

There's no return with either route. Don't do it if you plan to sell the car and part out.

Also bare in mind, the original ivtec cover will not fit.