Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RBC Intake Manifold.

Hi Guys,

Im new to the whole honda scene and was wondering what is required to run the RBC intake manifold on the EP3R?

Ive tried looking around on the net but i cant find any good write-ups regarding their installation.

Thanks.

It should be a straight fit to a K20 I believe. But to fully make use of it I suggest a larger throttle body, kpro plus tune.
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

So it will run without an ECU upgrade?

What about the Throttle body adaptor? will i need one of those or is that only for k20a2/3?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3
    I hear you also need to slightly trim the radiator support panel.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUGE-ITR View Post
    So it will run without an ECU upgrade?

What about the Throttle body adaptor? will i need one of those or is that only for k20a2/3?
    It will run but I'd recommend the ECU upgrade, because your getting alot more ar into the chamber and I'd think there'd be a chance of you leaning out, which is good and bad, you get more power but you might detonate aswell. Every person I know has gotten an ecu and tune aswell.

As with the throttlebody adaptor, my friend got a 80mm skunk2 throttlebody aswell with an adaptor plate.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    You'll need to cut or bash a bit of the radiator support at the top. EP3's front is a little too short for the rbc to fit in nicely.

I know 2 mate that's done it. If don't mind mangling or cutting your front, then go for it. I heard it's very good.

Member Array
    Car:
    2.4 EP3R
    As Poeter has advised you will need to chop off a bit off the radiator support and also you will need to grind off abit of the RBC manifold. You will also need a throttle boddy adapter plate.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    Yea it is, and expensive too, its doesnt have a IACV though, FD2R's use drive by wire throttle.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    Yea it is, and expensive too, its doesnt have a IACV though, FD2R's use drive by wire throttle.
    TB discussion is irrelevant in this thread i think.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    TB discussion is irrelevant in this thread i think.
    Just mentioning an implication with an RRC manifold.

Hmmm.... Sounds like alot of work. I dont really want to "hack" out my radiator support, its too much of a nice car to hack things like that.

What about the OBX itb's you see on ebay for like $600? Would they be a better option?

As for the ecu, i will upgrade eventually but i still want to be able to drive it. Should the O2 sensor compensate for the larger amount of air coming through? If its beyond its a/f band range (0.5v stock from memory i think) then wouldnt the ecu throw a code saying its out of its limits?

Im deciding between the Haltech and K-Pro at the moment..... so pricey for both of them. lol