Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R

Question Skunk 2 Exhaust for DC5R. 60mm or 70mm?

I'm looking to get a Skunk 2 exhaust from the states and they have a 60mm version as well as a 70mm version. I know the 70mm version will have more potential for power gains, but there is the issue with excessive noise.

I also plan to upgrade headers and already have an injen CAI installed...and maybe new ECU. I don't plan on doing any more upgrades. Would you guys recommend the 60mm or 70mm for my planned upgrades?

I know a Fujitsubo would be better, but I can't afford it and its also hard to find one 2nd hand. In fact, the price of a Skunk 2 exhaust brand new, shipped is cheaper than a 2nd hand Fujitsubo.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    70mm for sure. K20 loves a nice 3" so 70mm is the better option. 60mm is a bit on the small side I would think.

Noise should be fine with the resonator that it comes with.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Honestly if you're just planning for I/H/E with tune I'd think 60mm would be enough.

When ur doing cams and internals it would def be 70mm.

I have the 70mm and i adore it. Ive had the fujitsubo on aswell.
    Especially during vtec the exhaust shines, it does get annoying at times such as 3k rpm on the highway sitting in 6th gear, but that is well in the distant of my mind, when i go through the city and my car echos of the glass windows like some v8, and everyone turns and looks at this dc5r.
    GR:33:KI

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by christofski_dc5 View Post
    I have the 70mm and i adore it. Ive had the fujitsubo on aswell.
    Especially during vtec the exhaust shines, it does get annoying at times such as 3k rpm on the highway sitting in 6th gear, but that is well in the distant of my mind, when i go through the city and my car echos of the glass windows like some v8, and everyone turns and looks at this dc5r.
    May I ask what other mods you have done on your car? And how does it compare with the Fujitsubo (sound and power)

Had headers and have injen intake. Compared to fujisubo the sound is not as unique, the skunk2 is really really nice. Come out on the 31st of july cruise in nsw to see it in action.
    I feel like it goes better than the fujistubo but havent seen dyno results.
    GR:33:KI

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    Would love to come to the cruise but unfortunately already made plans for this Sunday. I've been looking on youtube vids and alot of people have 70mm, but it seems excessively loud to me...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    70mm is way loud.
    But for power gains it would be a great upgrade
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Personally I don't buy exhausts for sound or tone, I buy them for power, and if one gives me more power than the other (and still legal) then it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't spend the same $$$ for less power but a nicer 'tone'. You'll get used to the tone eventually, seriously. And it's not a 'unique' tone - everybody with the same setup will sound the same and nobody really cares anyway.

Im making 190hp at the wheels with intake, header, 60mm exhaust and kpro. In hindsight i wish i hadve bought a 70mm, but not going to fork out now for a new one for the sake of like 5hp. Its a J's Racing 60RS catback too in case you were looking at them at all.

Id go 70mm if i were you, coz one day youll be like me wishing you hadve gone for a bigger exhaust
    Last edited by Nuci; 02-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If you go for a new exhaust, may as well go that extra 10 mm. Sound difference isn't that much anyway