Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gearbox swap

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCivic View Post
    interesting, would love to know the source of this information
    Same source as why a b18c7 or b18c2 can be installed into a EG or EK chassis , and not need to be engineered. Because the brakes and emissions can cope with the engine and that the chassis is essentially the same. This comes under "replacement engine".

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    ok great to know, b18c7 would be lovely in an ek..
    my mouth is watering

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Same source as why a b18c7 or b18c2 can be installed into a EG or EK chassis , and not need to be engineered. Because the brakes and emissions can cope with the engine and that the chassis is essentially the same. This comes under "replacement engine".

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCivic View Post
    ok great to know, b18c7 would be lovely in an ek..
    my mouth is watering
    yeah , research abit on this forum - a very common mod is a b16a2 or b18c7 in a EG or EK - fairly standard job but uses only a handful of replacement parts and its good as in the car. Ofcourse you will require to update the new engines details with your chassis - this is done via a blueslip (adjustment of records) and is easy. Anyway we are venturing off topic sorry !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    no problems, happy to talk about hondas any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    yeah , research abit on this forum - a very common mod is a b16a2 or b18c7 in a EG or EK - fairly standard job but uses only a handful of replacement parts and its good as in the car. Ofcourse you will require to update the new engines details with your chassis - this is done via a blueslip (adjustment of records) and is easy. Anyway we are venturing off topic sorry !

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    You'd be suprised now many insurance companies dont care about brake upgrades, or they dont charge extra, because as far as they are concerned it's an safety upgrade, better in their eyes.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    they do care about brakes and suspension, if it doesn't meet ADR standards, it is deemed unroadworthy if the upgrades outside of OEM is not engineered!
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    will my insurance be void if i put an integra oil filter into my civic? :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    depends if you did it yourself and did a botch job. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    will my insurance be void if i put an integra oil filter into my civic? :P