Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola

car hard to start

hey peoples, need help pretty confusing...

as stated car is really hard to start even when its warm, i changed the fuel filter and plugs, but its still doing the same thing...

it been getting harder to start now for about 2 weeks, any advise or anyone going through the same problem can shed some light please
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    More info. It cranks but doesn't fire, or slow cranks.

Could be battery

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    More info. It cranks but doesn't fire, or slow cranks.

Could be battery

cranks hard, when its running it runs abit rough for about 30 seconds and then seems to warm up nicely
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    'rough' as in not firing on all cylinders? , or low idle ? did you change /check your leads too, fuel pump? what car & engine?
    its the ice cream man !

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Like DNY BOY said, fuel pump could be going.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by DNY*BOY View Post
    'rough' as in not firing on all cylinders? , or low idle ? did you change /check your leads too, fuel pump? what car & engine?
    rough as in i open the throttle and it reacts half a second late.... i have to squirt the "start ya bastard" can in the throttle to start it... checked leads, dnt know how to check pump

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Like DNY BOY said, fuel pump could be going.

how can you tell???

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Because it sounds like the fuel pump isn't priming, that's why it takes 30 seconds or so till it runs fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    yea spot on mate, like you start it then the car has a varied firing and then goes up to warm up idle? when the cars cold, turn key to reds dont turn all the way wait untll check light turns off youll hear the pump prime and 'click' then start you car.
    its the ice cream man !

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    yea spot on mate, like you start it then the car has a varied firing and then goes up to warm up idle? when the cars cold, turn key to reds dont turn all the way wait untll check light turns off youll hear the pump prime and 'click' then start you car.
    yeh i always prime it up like 3 times before i even tries to fire up, but still find it hard

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    3 times? as in you turn the key on and off? or are you pushing the pedal? Hows your dizzy / dizzy cap? Do you hear the actual click for the pump? Does the car make a high pitched pinging noise when you drive (like the morning after clubbing)? Does your engine check light come on?
    its the ice cream man !

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    3 times? as in you turn the key on and off? or are you pushing the pedal? Hows your dizzy / dizzy cap? Do you hear the actual click for the pump? Does the car make a high pitched pinging noise when you drive (like the morning after clubbing)? Does your engine check light come on?
    key turns reds on and off 3 times, no pushing of the pedal unless needed, dizzy seems fine, pump clicks and you hear it run, im running a 255 walbro pump, engine light goes off as normal

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    so you are running walbro , interesting i had an issue like this a few years ago where on low fuel levels the FPR was having issues. Is your fuel below quarter ? Are you running D or B? and is FPR stock?
    its the ice cream man !