Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by DNY*BOY View Post
    Interesting, so your gonna get same pump or oem ?
    I'm gonna try a used 255 walbro pump and see how that goes, if it fixes the problem then I'll invest in a new one...
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Smell for fuel leaks around the bay, maybe a loose fuel hose somewhere not giving it pressure.

Could be the dizzy aswell.

good luck let us know bro
    So you recommend dizzy??? It's weird cos it runs beautifully when warm, just a bitch to start
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by UNL15D! View Post
    Starter motor mate, I had that problem myself. If the fuel pump has been working fine for you for a while its unlikely to just **** up unless u changed the type of fuel or let the tank run dry
    I'm gonna give it a full tank tomorrow and a used pump and see how that goes... And look into the dizzy, the thing is it's been doing it for the last few weeks, and just got really bad

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Changed the fuel pump and the fpr still abit hard to start but it is abit easier, next thing is the filter before the dizzy...

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    I could be wrong as its been a long time since ive done it but i remember reading in the service manual that if its the leads or dizzy cap you can tell by pulling out each lead one by one and listening for rev changes, in theory if its working then the revs will drop i think, and if its not working when you pull it out nothing with change since it was working to begin with.

However i could be wron and it might be a test for something else. just get another member to confirm before trying it.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Have you checked the fuel Filter?

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Have you checked the fuel Filter?
    I'll be changing it this weekend, I'll keep you all updated.... Really annoying lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by 90civicGL View Post
    I could be wrong as its been a long time since ive done it but i remember reading in the service manual that if its the leads or dizzy cap you can tell by pulling out each lead one by one and listening for rev changes, in theory if its working then the revs will drop i think, and if its not working when you pull it out nothing with change since it was working to begin with.

However i could be wron and it might be a test for something else. just get another member to confirm before trying it.
    Yeh that's to check the plugs to see if one is dead, I'll be changing the plugs soon....

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    haha ok, well if it makes you feel any better my engine is having the same issues, + a whole lot of black smoke, but i bought the car like that as a project so not as bad for me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Check the spark plug leads that connect to the distributor as this could have carosion, if so clean it and see how you go.