Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol

No aux option on Kenwood headunit.

Hey guys, i've got a Kenwood KDC-X7006U and i just want to know. How do you get to the Aux option. Everything else is there like USB, radio and all. But not Aux, i've got the cable connected to it and all plugged my phone in but it doesn't work. And please don't tell me to use my instructions manual or anything, i bought this second hand. And already went through the manual.

And also, my mates Kenwood headunit's the same thing, might be something with all of them ?

Cheers guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Yeah, umm. I've got it all set up with my cable, it doesn't work though.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Have you tired using a different cable or a different device to play the music? may be a faulty cable or something wrong with your phone jack. Are you switching it from cd or tuner to aux when your trying to play from your external source? Make sure the volume on your external device is at an appropriate level too.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    i know you've told us not to tell you to go thru the manual, but you may just need to..

now, just chucking a possibility out there, but it may be a 'compatibility' issue. is your usb formatted as a NTFS or FAT32 system? which one does your head unit support? does the manual mention anything in this regard?
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    is there a aux option on the headunit ? like to select ,eg. TUNER, CD, AUX, USB selection ? if there is click on aux, then goto the options to set up sound eg, BASS, HI , LO, FADE, ETC. and there might be AUX, and its turned down

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Cheers for replies guys. But yes to all of your posts, ive tried everything. Different music player and all, but what viii.h mentioned, it doesn't have the aux option too start with on the head unit. Its just tuner usb cd standby. Thats what's giving me the s***s.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    So you cant actually switch it from cd,tuner etc to Aux? there is usually a source button(SRC) on the head unit to cycle through the input options, you may have to have turn on the aux option in the standby menu for the aux option to show up. Heres some pages from the manual provided by the kenwood site.
    EDIT: To acess the standby menu on some kenwoods you need to press and hold the menu/fnc button for 1 sec while the head unit is in standby

Last edited by TbM; 26-07-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    could you show me your aux thing and how you plugged it through ? cos waht you plug through may have been for a mic ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    there ya go, tbms post found the solution. reading the manual helps after all
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    ^^^ ive already posted page 29 in my last post viinnh lol or are the 2 pages i put up not showing up?