Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6

Frame rail pushed up while jacking...options?

Hey guys, so i was jacking up my car right next to one of the jack points (so i could put a jack stand on the actual jack point) on what ive found out is the frame rail and i heard a noise, so i lowered the jack back down and ive pushed my frame rail up what appears to be around 10 mills on my 1990 honda civic ED. I dont have a roadworthy and need to get one still, how serious is my problem? its a pretty hard place to get a photo of as it just appears flat looking in pictures.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    its up to the rwc guy to find the faults
    if he cant pick it then dont stress

all the poke and stance guys on here have more damage than that on here lol

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    Ok, ive heard its a very common with the lowered cars going over speed bumps, esp silvias and stuff. Assuming its isn't going affect my allignment or anything (i dont think it should as it isnt like a major bump) i was thinking of maybe bogging it up or put sound deadener over the area or something to be safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    they call it a "JACKING POINT" for a reason LMFAO !

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    well the haynes book only list the 4 points just behind the front wheels and infront of the rear wheels, later on watching youtube videos i saw someone jacking at the very front middle on what appears to be a re-enforced but of steel on a crossmember and at the very rear center on a little metal loop kinda hook thing. (are these actural jacking points, if so wonder why haynes Manuel didnt include them.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    What type of jack are you using? Yes you jack the car up from the front and rear. Download a factory service manual. All the info is in there

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    trolly jack of some size cant remmeber exact size but decentish, then we switched to the jack thats in the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    you can't use the car jack to jack up at the front and rear. it will fall over.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    yer but what about a big trolly jack? it shouldnt fall over its just is the front and back points strong enough? Cause i dont want to bend the front crossmember.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    get a pic man...did u bend the jacking point up?? if so, mine has also bent up and i was using stock jack....
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I think the safest option is to jack the car up from the front and rear cross members. It's a lot faster too since you can put both jack stands in at once instead of doing it side by side. I had a similar problem jacking up from the side so I went through the front: problem solved

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    ok, cause i looked at the steel at the front and the front cross member itself only looked 2 mill thich so i wasnt sure, side looked way stronger considering it was only like 10-20cms away from the only jacking points listed in the book, but lesson learnt haha