installed SRI, noise and Idling issue

hey guys,

need some help/advice on what to do. today i installed a short ram in my ek4 today.
    idle funny when i tap on the brakes, when i press on the brake and release. the idle jumps from 900 to 1100 and drops back down to 900,
    and when i rev it abit and let go, it will drop to 700-800 and go back up to 900

i poped the bonnet and when i rev it and when its back to idles,it makes a funny sound from the pod. i shake the pod around abit and the noise goes away.

im i missing something? im not really sure whats going on, car seems to drive fine

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    is the air flow meter attached properly?
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    there might be something wrong with your brake check valve?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by quangsuke View Post
    is the air flow meter attached properly?
    B-series and d-series dont run Mass air flow meters, i think on the newer civics they do though. Or do you mean the sensor on the intake arm?

Have u cleaned the iacv? could be the source of ur problem....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    there might be something wrong with your brake check valve?
    im not sure what the brake check valve is, how do i diagnose if there is a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    B-series and d-series dont run Mass air flow meters, i think on the newer civics they do though. Or do you mean the sensor on the intake arm?

Have u cleaned the iacv? could be the source of ur problem....
    do you mean, do this? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ht=idle+intake
    ill clean the iacv tomorrow and see how that goes. all i did today was take off the stock intake and wiped the inside of the throttle body with a cloth with abit of degreaser on it and put the aftermarket sri on.

thanks for the replys

just an update, started my car just then, cracked it, and it turns on for like 2seconds and turns off once it hits 1000rpm, happened twice in a row. 3rd time it turns on fine but engine check light is on. i turned off the engine and turned it on the 4th time and everything seems fine now no check light, idle is at 1000rpm but the pin moves slightly up and down.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Did you reset your ECU? No hose vacuum leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Did you reset your ECU? No hose vacuum leaks?
    reset the ecu? do u mean disconnect the battery for 15min?
    im not sure about hose vacuum leak, my car seems fine with the stock intake, it should be the aftermarket intake, just to find out why now...