Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4

Jazz GD MY06 looking for some mods. Recommendations?

Hi guys. Got my car not too long ago and looking to do some changes to it. Bought a pair of enkei RP01s for the car and that's bout it. What other mods are recommended?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Tank
    K swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Exactly the same as any other car. Intake exhaust suspension

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    How about bodykits and stuff? I feel that after all the mods it will look weird because there is no body kit on it. Btw what intake do you recommend?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Tank
    Theres a range of intakes available for the jazz. It just depends on your price range.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Body kits are shit.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

ther aren't really that many suspension options on the jazz, so i've found. you can buy Kings springs for them, (drop's the car about 15mm), but the stock shock's being short throw, really dont like it after a while.

and you can't really get after market struts in aust for the front. This pretty much limits you to coil overs. I just put a set of Cusco's in my 2005, and they are pretty good, just a little soft in the rear. (after running kings and stock shocks for a bit...)

my first jazz i got an intake pipe made up for a K&N pod that sat were the cold box was. worked well. to begin with just a bigger muffler will give you a bit more top end, along with the intake, should make the car a little quicker without spending crazy money.

Dropping the car on a decent set of rims always makes a car look good.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    I am actually looking at the K & N intake. Recommended by a friend. Hoping to get it second hand though.

Btw if I am lowering the car then I wont actually get a bodykit for it because I have seen some which have been lowered and it looks not bad as well.

With the muffler I have been told that I should not get one that is more than 2.5 inches because that will result in the car losing power or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    how much is it to get the cai pipe made? or was it a sri pipe?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethgqr View Post
    With the muffler I have been told that I should not get one that is more than 2.5 inches because that will result in the car losing power or something?
    Cant confirm whether the size of the muffler will make a difference but I know thats its the better option when it comes to exhausts. Dont get a catback because you'll lose whatever torque the jazz has.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ^
    how would u lose torque??

and start off simple.
    SRI/CAI i have an apexi it cost me abt 200$ +shipping thats rather expensive imo get a Simota or something much cheaper

Get a muffler u can get some cheap ones, frees up the exhaust a little bit so u will get a bit more power not much though.
    mufflers vary from $80 second hand (i got an xforce for 60$) i saw someone selling the same one on ausjazz for abt 80 tho.
    some ppl buy fancy HKS ones they r like 600$ abit much imo.

then Handling, TEIN coilovers/ King springs/ BC racing Coilovers / Buddy Club Coilovers/ Cusco Coilovers / T1R Coilovers (aka AP racing)
    Springs are cheap like 200$ second hand is a good deal (depending)
    Coilovers are costly like 2k brand new i got some BC's RRP 1.5k-ish but i got them second hand for $550

Strut bars are nice too. but pain to install i have a tutorial in the DIY section, if u get xforce ones.

Look on the site, theres rarely much for the jazz but u should be able to source all these things.

JDM concept sell some stuff but its Pricey. and JDM yard also pricey but trusted.
    ^ they are expensive cause they are high quality, good brands and also kinda like designer labels LOL.

Good luck with the jazz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    Yeah I heard catbacks don't really work for a jazz though unless you are throwing a new engine in or something. Btw thanks for that. Shall try find out about the size of the mufflers. But I won't want anything too big as well cause the jazz isn't that big and it will look weird with a large exhaust.