Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-FIT...ht_14766wt_907

WHATTA YA RECKON?

ausjazz is a letdown, but link me anyways?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh its not as great as it should be!

the UR bar looks good but now all of that force is going into those strut tops and that only like 1/4 inch think piece of metal. :S
    i would imagine that it wont hand as much as it should and COULD bend the tops or worse snap them. my one is designed to be drilled into the edges of the engine bay. its not the best design because of its screw ends plates creates a weak spot but when done up tight its pretty good.
    i would look into ones more like this
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CUSCO-FRO...item19c8448ff8

or even the weapon R onehaving said that the spoon one is a good design from what ive seen is a solid peice that bols to the bay!

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    front strut is like 235 from JDM yard seems pricey tho. i would ebay search more.

My ultra racing one cost me like $150 landed from HK. was like a little over 300 total in under fender braces as well.

edit - Ouch, yes, and that's the guy that i bought it off. gear landed inside of 2 weeks. can vouch for the quality, and it fits perfectly.

It even shipped with washers so you can mount a engine damper if you want, (i have one, but i didn't bother, after i fited my engine mounts)
    Last edited by ss-rotel; 20-09-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Wow nice clean car!!

Thanx. considering what we've done to it... that is the side with the fresh paint, the other side has some scratchs, amount other things if you look hard enough you can see the intercooler pipes..

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    you bought of this bloke fillit?

and anyone know where i can get an aftermarket grille? preferably a j's racing/ mugen

or maybe front strut bar?
    nah i haven't he's just a local dealer, i bought it off kevin from carx, he's abit pricier but good quality. aftermarket grill you can get a Js racing one at JDM concept but it's expensive. Mugen you can get off ebay but it's hard because it's mostly pre facelift and replicas unsure which model you have, might just be that :P.

As for the front strut bar, ultra racing would be fine, x force looks about the same as that, if you get a cusco one it tucks into the engine bay slightly neater. You should get a rear strut bar too, makes a world of difference to the handling.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-rotel View Post
    Thanx. considering what we've done to it... that is the side with the fresh paint, the other side has some scratchs, amount other things if you look hard enough you can see the intercooler pipes..
    Miss reading your build thread mate since ausjazz has gone down, any chance of making one here?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Oh yeah fillit the rear strut keeps rattling!
    i took the bar out and the End caps sitting above the shocks rattle against the steel around it.

its so annoying. ill see how it is after i put the new coils in.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    in terms of strength, which ones are more sturdier? i mean when i turn i feel as if the car is gonna roll over sometimes. with the front and rear installed, would it be night and day?

oh and does anyone have a spare bonnet lying around?
    Last edited by ouch; 20-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ask superlover he has a CF seibon style Bonnet.

the front will make the most difference i would imagine to heavy turning.
    but for roll you want better springs.

and if the springs dont help then u want anti sway bars.

but springs should do it.

struts protect you from flexing components.

the rear one is good because in the back its like a big box with no triangulated support. so running a beam through will help stiffen it.

same story with the front too.

Oh yeah fillit the rear strut keeps rattling!
    i took the bar out and the End caps sitting above the shocks rattle against the steel around it.

its so annoying. ill see how it is after i put the new coils in.
    take a pic for me please, i'll see if you installed it properly, it shouldnt rattle if its all tightened up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    in terms of strength, which ones are more sturdier? i mean when i turn i feel as if the car is gonna roll over sometimes. with the front and rear installed, would it be night and day?

oh and does anyone have a spare bonnet lying around?
    absolutely, although an X bar would be much better i can't justify the scaffolding in the rear of my car.

spare bonnet - check your wreckers, what are you planning to do with it?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    Hey we're pretty active in the jazz forum, although we don't have large numbers. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm planning to paint it black. Or get a white one to fix up my current +*[*}*#+ up one. no wreckers at pick and pay less. Anywhere else that's reputable for parts? In Sydney of course

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh and they say we dont have enough activity to have a moderator meh.