Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

good tyre place and $$$ prices

hi guys

im looking at buying some oG's and i c alot of car with stretched tyres and they look gangsta as do u think it better to get normal tyres ? ups and down with stretched tyres... only asking before i buy the rims and do u guy know any where to buy them at a good price ? JDM JARd quoted me $1120 with 195/50/15 firenza st08 tyres or 780 without the tyres good price or should i shop some where else ?

thanks guys
    Last edited by teaseR; 31-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    stretched tyres put stress on the sidewalls as they werent designed to do it, but some tyres are better for stretching than others

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    stretched tyres let you fit a wider/lower offset wheels.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    ive ran 195/50/15 nankang ns-ii tyres on my simmons and they were 15x8, as far as i see i had no problems with them, but thats probably because it wasnt a ridiculous stretch, and at the end of the day it depends on how stretched the tyres are, how well the tyres are maintained and how sensible the driver is

you can go here to check out what your stretched tyre would look like http://www.tyrestretch.com/

if you do a quick google search theres a lot of threads out there arguing whether or not stretched tyres are safe or not and if they're legal or not

i got 195/45 on sportmaxx's 15x8 ... Ride quality are bloody awful. Even though you're on springs..

But good thing is, as lukey said above*^

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    drifters stretch tyres, and they dont drive sedately.

as long as you maintain it and check ur tyres pressures reguarly youll be good

and the pressures need to be a tad higher than normal when stretching

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    drifters stretch tyres, and they dont drive sedately.

as long as you maintain it and check ur tyres pressures reguarly youll be good

and the pressures need to be a tad higher than normal when stretching
    but isnt it moar risk of popping it when going over a pot hole at a high speed ?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    dodge potholes, and having it to low risks it coming off the bead when you got a big stretch

some kids garage

Member Array
    used to run 15'' og with 195/55r15 kumho ku31's

ran over a 10 cm pothole which i knew of by accident.

didnt sound very healthy, but came out no problem

<<<<< on that car
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    EE3 WAGON YO
    lol. people stretch tyres because there wheels are to wide. and if they ran a fat tyre it would not fit under guards.

so they go with a smaller tyre which will stretch the tyre to just sit under guards.
    thats if your car is low. if your car is like high like 2 finger gap. and you have stretch tyre.

it will look silly. ive been in tyre business for about 4years now. and been stretching tyres for awhile.
    and never had it poped off the bead. so im pretty sure its safe. thats my opinion

look at drifters. the drift on stretch tyres. and never seen tyre poped off rim.
    unless they didnt fit the tyre on correctly.

and its illegal. you can be defected. tyre will be small for car. load rating will be wrong.
    but if your guna run 195 50 15 should stretch alittle on 8inch rim. and should be fine.

195 45 15 will be stretching it abit.
    Last edited by v__; 28-07-2011 at 01:28 AM.

my mate has axis og san 15x8 with 195 50 r15 re001. Theres a little bit of stretch, but nothing to wank over

thanks guys for ur help ive decieded to go with normal tyres, stretcheys look sick but to be safe go normal should i go 55 or 50 ?

where a good place to buy tyres from ?

should i buy some cheapys for my 1st set or go average ?

post ur pics if u have some.... anzai have any of ur car ? close ups

thanks guys