Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Fair enough - but I think you will find what the market often wants is both comfort and performance. That is why I think the new Legend will do well - it apparently has really good handling and power and will probably sell very well. I am sure it has a very compliant ride and is comfortable too.

But too many times I see your average John Citizen regard performance as higher power output, following that then comes the handling or clear disregard on that matter what so ever. But it's not like car companies give luxury car buyers much options in terms of handling upgrades, some companies do, but i'm not sure how many prospective buyers will take up the better handling package. Well in my opinion anyway.

If Honda price the new Legend right, it will sell like hotcakes, It's got everything you could ask for.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

As a consumer i wanted a car with good handling. the market that the accord v6 is aimed
    at is very small because all those rich old blokes would rather want a lexus, bmw etc. There is a bigger market out there for v6, good handling sports oriented family sedans. The accord v6 is a large car, its like making a direct comment that old people want comfort not handling? Who says? Why are the commodores and falcon v6 are selling like crazy. They are everywhere. Its because people want a car with good performance, handling and large comfy family sedans. The v6 car is not total "luxury"
    People who would want luxury wont be looking in this price.

Well call me crazy but all im trying to say is the v6 accord has its target audience wrong. Give the car some good looks, handling, 6 speed manual. It will sell like crazy like the accord euro. Imagine the euro larger, with the current v6 engine. Same handling. what would people pick between a 4 cylinder who hasnt got good handling, and exterior? Imagine i vice versa. They are practically ( well in similar price range) If the euro was larger bodied with same handling v6 id go for that instead of a v4 which is in same price but doesnt have good handling feel and isnt sports oriented.

Lol i hope that make sense.

I've already have stated why the other 4 brands sell so well, most are fleet buys. Did you bother reading at all what so ever?
    And you are not the target audience nor the age group Honda is aiming the Accord V6 at. Did you even pay for the Euro you own?

The Accord V6 didn't get their target audience wrong, they released both versions of the Accord here for a reason. Accord Euro as the sporty image and the Accord V6 as the mature and sedate car.

Who says to own a piece of luxury has to cost you an arm and a leg? Good on Honda for selling the Accord V6, Accord Euro for such a bargain price with all the bells and whistles others only wish they can compete. Money doesn't come easily to everyone, and to own an Accord Euro or Accord V6 in my opinion are doing quite well financially already.

Subaru WRX is another example of awesome performance at a great price, you do not need to own no Ferrari or a Rolls Royce to dream about performance or luxury where once only the richest would be able to indulge.

PS. I don't know if you have actually driven any cars that Toyota, Mitsubishi, Holden and Ford has to offer, but they are no means great handlers, but they are exceptions, but I can't see them being in the price range of the Accord.
    Purely my subjective view on things though.
    Last edited by NeoNode; 06-04-2005 at 09:51 PM.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

thats very true neonode. But i think the v6 deserves some decent handling. you may not agree, others might not too. But can u respect my opinion as an indivivual?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    id love the V6 in the euro lol

But most the people i sell accord V6's to are older people and i mean OLDer people...the younger market dont like it too much...

i know u all prob know this but Australia is the only country that sells the Accord and Accord Euro...

the euro is in the market with the Mazda 6 and cars like that....accord is in the same as falcon, commodore camry ect.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    I have no idea y ppl like SUVS so much nowdays... look at the CRV, its a good car, but seriously...
    they piss everyone off aswell they seem to think even if its a crv that they own the road...