Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    yeah it's true ^ if your in Melbourne and you have red p plates.... I've had friends in stock family cars who get pulled over and accused of speeding and when asked for the radar proof they say... oh carry on.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    lol ive been driving my euro with tinted tail lights and headlights for a while now, and havent been pulled over before. Guess i must be one of the lucky ones :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Skunk2 owner here. Never have I ever been pulled over for sound. Just RBT a couple of times in the past year.

No problem with the sound actually.. I have silencers on it though that came with it

To be honest, what's the point of an exhaust if it doesn't drone a little :P

There is an rpm range around 2100 that completely nulls the sound if you ever drive by cops or just simply neutral your way by.

Green P Plater here

However, I'll be selling to a mate soon since I am thinking of disposing of the euro once I am on my fulls for a turbo car

Quote Originally Posted by djpro1 View Post
    Skunk2 owner here. Never have I ever been pulled over for sound. Just RBT a couple of times in the past year.

No problem with the sound actually.. I have silencers on it though that came with it

To be honest, what's the point of an exhaust if it doesn't drone a little :P

There is an rpm range around 2100 that completely nulls the sound if you ever drive by cops or just simply neutral your way by.

Green P Plater here

However, I'll be selling to a mate soon since I am thinking of disposing of the euro once I am on my fulls for a turbo car
    So you drive with the silencers on all the time? Have you driven the car without the silencers? I want to know how much the car actually 'drones' with/without the silencer.. If only I could hear it in person !

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    So you drive with the silencers on all the time? Have you driven the car without the silencers? I want to know how much the car actually 'drones' with/without the silencer.. If only I could hear it in person !
    Yes silencers on all the time unless its a weekend and I feel like driving around loud haha. It drones up hill but how often do you drive uphill. On highway its fine - only the passengers seem to notice the sound more. Anything past 3000rpm roars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuM4ItJtLWo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50gFMTcENU
    MODS: Injen CAI (Black), Skunk2 Exhaust, 6k HID, CU2 17" Luxury Wheels, Pre facelift Mugen Grill, Red Honda Badge

Quote Originally Posted by djpro1 View Post
    Yes silencers on all the time unless its a weekend and I feel like driving around loud haha. It drones up hill but how often do you drive uphill. On highway its fine - only the passengers seem to notice the sound more. Anything past 3000rpm roars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuM4ItJtLWo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50gFMTcENU
    Ahh I see. I'm scared to get a loud exhaust as this is my first ever car that I can mod up so I don't have the experience yet of having any exhaust system on a car.
    At the moment, my CU2 has a Takeda SRI and disconnected muffler (just for noise) and sometimes in the morning when I go to warm up the engine before driving it, the noise annoys me a bit since it's so early in the morning but I suppose it's different from an actual exhaust drone.
    Also, I agree with you about being the uphill thing.. unless I'm in the city then there are a lot of slopes lol. But then again, I've been shifting before 3k rpm for the past month anyways so I guess getting a loud exhaust wouldn't be too bad.

Cheers for the help and vids!

Edit: I would just keep my exhaust the way it is (just disconnected) but when I'm on idle, there's really no sound and that's not what I want. Also, sometimes the muffler rattles due to bumps/stepping on the throttle too hard and all the air's coming out too fast, causing the pipes to hit against each other, sounds like my exhaust is broken lol.
    Last edited by euRo_noob; 09-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Ahh I see. I'm scared to get a loud exhaust as this is my first ever car that I can mod up so I don't have the experience yet of having any exhaust system on a car.
    At the moment, my CU2 has a Takeda SRI and disconnected muffler (just for noise) and sometimes in the morning when I go to warm up the engine before driving it, the noise annoys me a bit since it's so early in the morning but I suppose it's different from an actual exhaust drone.
    Also, I agree with you about being the uphill thing.. unless I'm in the city then there are a lot of slopes lol. But then again, I've been shifting before 3k rpm for the past month anyways so I guess getting a loud exhaust wouldn't be too bad.

Cheers for the help and vids!

Edit: I would just keep my exhaust the way it is (just disconnected) but when I'm on idle, there's really no sound and that's not what I want. Also, sometimes the muffler rattles due to bumps/stepping on the throttle too hard and all the air's coming out too fast, causing the pipes to hit against each other, sounds like my exhaust is broken lol.
    Even with your muffler disconnected, the CU2 still has another muffler which sits just after the catalytic convertor. So it will be quieter than say the Skunk2, which removes that muffler behind the cat and replaces it with a small hotdog resonator.

With the muffler knocking, you can place the bolts on but use washers as spacers to make a gap in between the two halfs of the pipes.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Hey euRo_noob the other 2 clips is for the CL9 whereas this clip is a CU2 which would probably give you a better representation since you own a CU2.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll0eP...layer_embedded

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Personally I can't tell the difference between Skunk2/DC Sports/Tsudo, they are all loud lol.
    I'd personally prefer something like comptech, more discrete (especially when silencer is added)

Else... If you are gonna get loud anyway... Might as well get a single outlet exhaust, more power gain.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    ^ Single 3" is the way to go for power, But loud as hell.

If you wan't quiet + full-range gains, Consider Fujitsubo

Link for sound clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPHv5WU2fd8
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    simon going 3inch?
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9