Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    good thing to stick with euro my friend!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevl View Post
    Hey guys,

Thought I'd post an update.

We're no longer getting the BMW. Mainly due to our relative deciding to keep the BMW for her son.

Interesting to find out that only a few days after an oil change most of it leaked out onto their garage and BMW refused to reimburse and charged them for another oil change....

Our neighbour worked for BMW and said that they often had really bad service and would always suggest things which didn't need to be serviced / replaced.

They also said all 4 tyres need to be replaced because the edges of all 4 tyres are not in good condition, my aunty does not know much about cars and I feel like they are ripping her off.
    I'd assume dealer service?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro Luxury
    I dunno why people still bother servicing cars at the dealership, its just a loop hole so you 'Dont void your warranty'. but little does everyone know after forking out so much on services, the dealer has already charged you incase they need to change something through 'warranty'. and most of the time the mechanic changing your oil is an apprentice.
    I hate Dealership Mechanics!
    For Sale: 2003 Accord Euro CL9 Lux 6MT

I'm hoping that the dealership service mechanics know more about Honda's then your local Falcadore budget garage otherwise it might not be worth it ;l

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    I'm hoping that the dealership service mechanics know more about Honda's then your local Falcadore budget garage otherwise it might not be worth it ;l
    good luck with that.... you'd be surprised how many honda dealership "mechanics" don't know they have the hardware to reflash your ECU.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    good luck with that.... you'd be surprised how many honda dealership "mechanics" don't know they have the hardware to reflash your ECU.
    Oh no they di ent!

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    A blessing in disguise,as you will have far better service in the long run from your Euro than from your relatives BMW,thats for sure.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

320i

sorry i never got back to you re:320i issues i had
    but to be honest, my actuator died and than got fixed by simple fuse upgrade ($2), other than that most things were ok , only couple of things that happened randomly and resolved it self like slight hesitation while crawling (only happened once)
    and active steering lock failing and than fixed it self when i locked the car and unlocked again and never ever happened again....
    my euro just had actuator failed, and now i've been told the gear bearing is making some noise and will need replacing or fixing ( in any case minimum $1.5K expense) which makes me think how much better is this car?!
    i miss the 320i alot to be honest
    something abt the euro u know it will keep going where as any european car i have ever had felt like something new could happen anytime now

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I'd assume dealer service?
    Yup you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Haha yea I wish this were the case. Our dealership rarely rotates your tires even though they say they do on the receipt :S

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    I'm glad someone finally got around to asking why the hell you are quoting dealer service costs.
    You only go the "stealership" as a last resort.
    Also comparing the BMW to a base Euro is not a fair comparison.
    The Lux version is a brilliant car with quality inclusions, except for the stereo which I rate as average
    Not much point in saying much more as the original poster has not got the BMW anyway, but as was mentioned earlier, he should have got a Lux if he wanted more comfort and equipment.

I service my euro at the dealer and the 60k km service cost like $350 only, using my own oil. The even wash the car for you, but I told them not to wash it everytime I sent it in for service. I get free coffee and a ride to the nearest train station, but I usually wait a couple of hours in the lounge for them to finish up.

Wonder how much the BWM would cost for 60k km service.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I service my euro at the dealer and the 60k km service cost like $350 only, using my own oil. The even wash the car for you, but I told them not to wash it everytime I sent it in for service. I get free coffee and a ride to the nearest train station, but I usually wait a couple of hours in the lounge for them to finish up.

Wonder how much the BWM would cost for 60k km service.
    Its prepaid.