Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    The services are pre paid? I would assume that BMW would charge more than Honda would for any service.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    The services are pre paid? I would assume that BMW would charge more than Honda would for any service.
    prepaid package, $1500 or something for 3 years.

I'd still think Honda will be cheaper (crappier oil and all), but 10k/6mth? thats twice a year I had to drop the car off and take time off work and shit...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Ah I see. They only thing I don't like about the BMW service is that there is no set km/time to service your car. My dad's old 3 series was only getting serviced every 30,000k which is way too long.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    $350 for a service and you supply the oil?
    What a rip-off
    NRMA in NSW were advertising a service for $100 + Consumables and I told the mother-in-law that was too much.
    We shopped around and got it cheaper again.
    You guys are easy marks for these rip-off merchants.

30 minutes labour (usually done by the apprentice), wholesale cost price for bulk oil and filters = $350 haaaaaaaaaa- at least $250 clear profit for the Stealership of your hard earned readies.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    $350 for a service and you supply the oil?
    What a rip-off
    NRMA in NSW were advertising a service for $100 + Consumables and I told the mother-in-law that was too much.
    We shopped around and got it cheaper again.
    You guys are easy marks for these rip-off merchants.

30 minutes labour (usually done by the apprentice), wholesale cost price for bulk oil and filters = $350 haaaaaaaaaa- at least $250 clear profit for the Stealership of your hard earned readies.
    Take a look in your logbook mate, 60k's a mini-major service
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    That 30 minutes included checking transaxle oil levels etc. - allow at least 25 seconds to check the master cylinder levels and fill the washer bottle.
    You can add another 30 minutes if you want the wheels removed and a brake check done, but who wears out a set of pads in 60K.
    Any brake or tyre place will do a free brake check anyway.

60,000kms is next to nothing for these cars, the Dealers are just trying to frighten you into thinking all the heads of the valves will drop off if you don't race in a spend some money with them.
    Change the oil and filter yourself and just drive the car

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    That 30 minutes included checking transaxle oil levels etc. - allow at least 25 seconds to check the master cylinder levels and fill the washer bottle.
    You can add another 30 minutes if you want the wheels removed and a brake check done, but who wears out a set of pads in 60K.
    Any brake or tyre place will do a free brake check anyway.

60,000kms is next to nothing for these cars, the Dealers are just trying to frighten you into thinking all the heads of the valves will drop off if you don't race in a spend some money with them.
    Change the oil and filter yourself and just drive the car
    60k is the first auto transmission fluid replacement (i'd make sure I don't buy a euro without tranny fluid changed frequently), and a brake fluid flush.

Ps: accords frequently wear out rear pads at 50k, it was a known defect.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 01-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.

How much is the prepaid value? I know some country offer free services for the first 3 years or something like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    How much is the prepaid value? I know some country offer free services for the first 3 years or something like that.
    Can't remember exactly buy i think it was unlimited service for 3 years or something, you go whenever the service warning ce on in the car

South Africa does that free servicing thing.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 01-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Member Array
    Read that the 2012 3 Series are endowed with HUD's AS STD! This is one of the coolest gadgetry one can have in a car

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro Luxury
    Just serviced my Euro at a local mechanic (130k) log book said only oil needs to be changed but I changed the filter too. bought OEM oil n Filter from Honda for $60 something, n Mechanic charged me $50 for the work.
    For Sale: 2003 Accord Euro CL9 Lux 6MT

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by [SDCTVE] View Post
    Just serviced my Euro at a local mechanic (130k) log book said only oil needs to be changed but I changed the filter too. bought OEM oil n Filter from Honda for $60 something, n Mechanic charged me $50 for the work.
    Honda FEO? Eww. I wouldnt give a 20yr old civic that thing :-p
    Last edited by Fredoops; 01-09-2011 at 08:03 PM.