Hey Guys,

Purchased a 2006 (Facelift) Honda Accord Euro around three months ago.

Now one of our relatives are trading in their 2005 e90 BMW 320i and we are considering buying from them as the dealer is offering them a ridiculously low price.

If we buy the 320i and sell the Accord we will probably have $1000 or $2000 to spare aswell.

Things I like about the Accord;

Feels "bunkered down" when driving, very stable
Adequate amount of power, never really feels lacking and is pretty responsive
Really like the look of the car
Has a quality premium feel to the car
And many more.

I do however have two main gripes with the car;

Poor Fuel Economy, I get round 12-13L / 100KM (around 70/30 city highway split)
Poor visibility, I find the car really hard to park, especially parallel park due to the high boot / beltline of the car. Also its difficult to judge how far the wheel is from the curb from the side mirrors unlike my previous car which I could fit into the smallest spots.
Overall I am happy with the car (fuel economy aside) but after owning the car for longer now I feel like the BMW could be a nice upgrade.

I have driven the BMW a few times and drives well. Didn't used to like the heavy steering but the euro also has heavy steering and now that I'm used to it I like it (drove my parents Rav4 and the steering just felt way too light)

Things I like about the BMW

Looks
More prestige as a BMW (though not hugely important)
More features, this ones pretty loaded, has cornering xenons, leather, upgraded wheels, parking sensors etc.... whereas my accord euro is the non L model.
Main worry is the reliability of the car, our relative has had a couple of things go wrong (power steering pump and something else, around $2,000 per repair). That is alot of money.

Any opinions would appreciated on whether to trade or not

Would love to know opinions from people who have owned a 320i or know people who have owned one for a while as I have noticed that impressions of cars change dramatically (at least for me) when u actually own a car vs. just a test drive.

Thanks in advance