Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1-Facelifted

Lowering of the suspension

Hey guys,

I've heard that if you lower your car, it'll stuff up your "bearings and joints" as a friend put it. Apparently because the car wasn't designed to be at those "angles" ?

Is that true?

Or is it only excessive dumpage that'll destroy your car? If you lower it, say 2" or 1.5" I'm sure it wouldn't effect it?

Also regarding ride height and stiffness, does the ride comfort significantly change? Like will your ass muscles get really tank after driving a "lower" car?

I know that if you're lowering your cars on springs, its generally good to replace the shocks as well, however if your car is pree much brand new, and you want to lower it.
    Would it be sufficient to just replace the springs since the shocks are pretty much brand new?

Regards Michael

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    your friend doesnt know shit.

lowering a car by a couple of inches will actually assist in making your car better, by lowering the centre of gravity.

Its only when you start to lower your car extremely that excessive pressure can be put on jointts, bushes and bearings.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    trism nailed it

your car is so new that you wouldnt have to worry about anything

CLOSED
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680