Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GAB coilovers?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    getting interesting
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    If GAB MY is a by product ebay, than its safe to say, its just like the rest of em.... only differance being the location, imo, ur better off getting other coilovers from usa from usa, like my BWR or even the Godspeed coilovers, atleast u knw ppl use them, and have for the last 2-3 years with no dramas
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    So you all are saying that the byp guys don't get the legitimate gabs in are you?
    Last edited by blabla; 17-08-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: refrasing

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    So you all are saying that the byp guys don't get the legitimate gabs in are we?
    Im with you on this one.... the only GAB coilovers ive seen is on the 2nd hand market, and it seems very legit, and usually cost the 1k mark, which leads me to believe brand new, its bound to cost well over 1.6k - 2k easy

Ive never seen new GAB coilovers so i cant say for sure, and in light of this GAB my and the japan GAB, i need answers lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Calling them 'junky' was probably a bit unfair, I honestly have no idea whether they are good or bad, they could be filled with cream cheese for all I know. They probably are. However a manufacturer can only spend so much money on awesome 6061 Al alloy top mounts, forged aluminium bracketry and anodizing before you run out of money to develop and manufacture quality shock internals. Take a look at THIS thread and THIS thread, obviously only internet hearsay but still not encouraging. If there was some evidence of warranty or a good looking shock dyno then I would consider them, but there isn't. Thus based solely on a name I prefer the Gab coilovers, and because they are red
    Im running them atm, and i can say, they feel awsum! best bang for buck, and with 1 year warrenty, im fine with it

Comfy enough on a daily and spring rates at f10 r6, ride isnt as harsh or bumpy, but typical of all coilvers i guess
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    I bought them... Anyways I'm happy with them they are a shoit load better them my skunk2 sleeve setup. I bought mine of the byp guys. Just because they are not as expensive as the other brand does not make them junky or just like the others. We have to remember that if you cut the middle man out you can pass the savings across to the customer. Why pay such an extravagant amount for something because there is a middleman involved.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Wait till ill try these GAB's on a trackcar results will up show the 2-3k coilover range .

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Wait till ill try these GAB's on a trackcar results will up show the 2-3k coilover range .
    Totally agree

Account Disabled Array
    We one of the GAB SS coilovers installed in an EVO 8 weekend track car. Feedback from the driver was awesome dampering and ride quality. No knocks or leaks compared to hid last set of Tein monoflex. So far he gave it the thumbs up for it! He has seen the track twice now and drives the car on a daily basis

So if there is still haters out there, go spend 2-3k on branded coilovers that won't even perform as well as the GAB SS for half the price

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 CD Accord
    i dont know what people expect from $600 coilovers. i had a set of tein coilovers on my s13 and they were no different to a $700 set i bought off ebay to replace them.
    the reason i bought the $700 set was because the seals were broken on the front and were leaking, i went to Fauklrums to get new seal etc and it cost the same for a ebay set.

i will be buying the GAB's for me EK

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, EK4
    The $600 ones arn't the GAB SS model. I haven't seen the lower model versions, but i've experienced the SS's and i could not belive the quality. Really makes you think why'd you'd spend 2-4k on some other branded coilovers.

I belive the EVO 8 Benson mentioned smashed its old PB on the Teins by over a second with the GAB's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    the entry levels ones are HA ones are the $600, they are only height adjustable from the spring perch, and dont have a adjustable lower sleeve body like typical coilovers

As far as SS, well its established they are bang for buck compared to others
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC