Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    B20 Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana_hammock View Post
    DON'T LET THEM MILK YOU ! you have to play ball with these clowns. Have you tried using your space saver instead of buying a spare wheel?
    I 2nd that.. make'em pay

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    they shouldn't have used those type of balancing weights on that rim

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    Out of curiousity, why not? Besides being ugly?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    they are ugly and stick on balancing weights could have been used

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Sounds more and more like a backyard job that they're doing. Take a whizz on their service desk for revenge

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    why have they put a weight on the outside of the rim? aren't they supposed to do it on the inside when balancing wheels? i get the feeling they are very amateur at tyre changes and wheel balancing. sounds like they're trying to offload blame too. would never go back there after you're done with this.
    weights go on inside and as close to outside as possible

Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    why? it has a lip on it so they can be used.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

because its obviously a nice rim and if you're retarded enough to use a bang on weight on that sort of rim. you shouldnt even be fitting tyres/balancing. it will leave a ****ed up mark when removed

OK, anyways, I didn't pick it up on Thursday, they had only machined the lip and spokes; then I called them and see if I could pick it up on Friday afternoon...they said they haven't painted it yet...so basically at this point I was asking them how farking long does it take for you to lay a few coats down? I had to make it WTAC on Saturday...but luckily the nice lady receptionist said they open at 9:30am so I can come in and get it put on. Grrrr....

So I rocked up precisely at 9:30am and..............they've actually done an awesome job of it! The boss showed me a few pics of what they did; basically sand the whole wheel back, machined the rim and spokes, then laid down the same shade of black it had. He even showed me that the previous painter of the wheels (it was originally silver) let the paint run and collect on the inside of the spokes. It was a top finish, I couldn't spot a defect anywhere. The wheel had to be balanced then, so I watched the fellow like a hawk and told him NO; I don't want those shitty ass weights on the lip of the rim, so he put them wayyy inside the rim, so it's a bit hard to make out where it is.

Overall it's something the boss/garage tried to make it right, and I'm happy they've came through....

But the problem is......................my other 3 wheels look like shit now in my eyes LOL
    WP PB 1:15:03

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I had a feeling this would happen. People often underestimate the potential of shops.

Glad you got it all fixed mate. How much for them to do the other three rims? haha

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by gee-aye-dee View Post
    because its obviously a nice rim and if you're retarded enough to use a bang on weight on that sort of rim. you shouldnt even be fitting tyres/balancing. it will leave a ****ed up mark when removed
    its easier and quicker to use those sorts of weights. and why would they really care if they leave marks on your rims?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    wow glad to hear it turned out alright. at least the dude knows about paint.