B18C2 Wiring Harness HELP! :(

Hey guys, new to the forums here, thought id start by asking a question,

I've got a B18 conversion from a 94 vtir that im going to chuck into my 91 eg, but the wiring harness that's attached to the teg (which i was going to use) has been demolished. Basically the integra shell went to a workshop to get a Kswap whilst its original harness was still in the car. The owner did ask for the wiring to be returned while the car was in the shop but what he received was a loom that's been chopped up in different places :/

So this is my dilemma, am i still able to run my b18 with the stock harness that's in my eg at the moment or would i need to source myself another dc2 harness? or are there any other ways of going around getting a new harness?

Sorry if the question sounds a bit silly, still pretty new to this honda thing haha

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

-Josh

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/hybrid.92-95.obd2.htm

from what i can understand, you need conversion harness and hook up few wires.
    i cant find any obd1-obd2a conversion harness.
    you using vtir ecu ?

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/hybrid.92-95.obd2.htm

from what i can understand, you need conversion harness and hook up few wires.
    i cant find any obd1-obd2a conversion harness.
    you using vtir ecu ?

The B18 is from a 94 Integra meaning OBD1, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    The B18 is from a 94 Integra meaning OBD1, amirite?
    Yep, the b18 is still an 0bd1, so would that mean all the wires will match up?
    Im using the vtir ecu, just curious as to whether the loom in my car has the vtec wire in it since it's a dohc non vtec from factory? :/

Quote Originally Posted by impossi13le View Post
    Yep, the b18 is still an 0bd1, so would that mean all the wires will match up?
    Im using the vtir ecu, just curious as to whether the loom in my car has the vtec wire in it since it's a dohc non vtec from factory? :/
    Nah dude you won't have the VTEC Solenoid wire.

You can use your EG Si engine harness but you'll need to modify it to suit the B18. You need extra wires for VTS, VTP(?), O2 Sensor, Knock Sensor and whatever else the B18C2 has..

Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    Nah dude you won't have the VTEC Solenoid wire.

You can use your EG Si engine harness but you'll need to modify it to suit the B18. You need extra wires for VTS, VTP(?), O2 Sensor, Knock Sensor and whatever else the B18C2 has..
    woaah really? thats a relief; thought id have to source out a new harness :/ . So if i make up the wires for the solenoids and sensors, would they match up with the car's harness and plug in to the ecu fine? sorry if this is a noob question, just new to honda

thanks!

I would still recommend buying an OBD1 b-series harness if you haven't modified an engine harness before... will save you a lot of time and headache

If your B18C2 ECU looks something like this it will plug into your EG