water leak carpet wet help needed

after raining heavily the whole day...the front passenger carpet got flooded by water...including the sponge below and etc...are wet and soaked...aint sure where the leak was from..the top left corner of the roof is damp but the rest including the seat remained dry...anyone can rectify the prob??

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    check for rust in the top corner of the windsheild.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    check door seals..check for any holes under the body n check under the dash also pour water near ur wipers n c if it drips out near ur tyres

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    strip out the plastics and take a look man... there is a gutter rail on the outside on your roof there, it may be a leak from rust or something... in the meantime let the car air out, remove the plastic door sils and lift up the capret to get it dry unless you like the smell and health effects of dampness
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I had this problem. Removed the black plastic strip that covers the bottom of the front windscreen on the outside (held in my plastic clips). Cleared out all the leaves that were blocking/restricting the water escape pathways. Fixed

Member Array
    1. remove your drivers side kick panel and pull the carpet up enough so you could see the corner of your footwell

2. get a mate to pour a bucket of water quickly onto your driver's side windscreen

3. check for any leakage from under the dash

4. if theres nothing pour the bucket of water onto your driver's side fender

5. check for leakage, if its now leaking then most likely your hood release cable grommet (underneath the fender) is shot. gotta take off fender and seal off any gaps with marine grade silicone or something similar

gl!
    naturally i finished my set.

have you got a sunroof by any chance? sunroofs have water passages that run from the roof through the a pillars and down into the wheel arches, there's a chance that yours might be blocked, try clearing with compressed air