Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

Accord Euro+ Weird engine problems?

I have a 2005 Euro Lux, and i've noticed a few abnormal things in the car.. I think.
    First, (it's an Auto), when I have it in Drive or Reverse, the engine emitts a weird noise almost like a minor but intermittent scraping noise... the sound comes from somewhere near the belt..Anyone happen to know what it might be?

Secondly, from stationary position once reaching 40km/h, accelerating through 40-60 it sounds as if the car struggles? It's almost as if the car is RIGHT on the edge of shifting gears but won't, and a sort of loud noise comes from the engine, and the revs are at about 3-3.500. Is this normal? It's actually the first time i've noticed this..

Anyone know what's going on with my 2 problems? Or 1 of the 2? The car is going in for service this friday for it's 80k service and ill tell Honda about it, but just thought id ask here cos someone might know.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You may have a transmission problem there. Usually going from 40-60, your car should sit comfortably in 4th gear or at least move from 3rd to 4th. In reference to your first problem, if you're sure the belt's making the noise, then you should ask the Honda mechanics to check over the problem. They usually conduct free quotes on any problems you may have then include it in the servicing report. Believe me, I used to work in Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Post in the proper Accord Euro Sub-forum will most likely give you better response :-)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars