Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    zOmg just did this.... now i knw what u guys were talking about.. 'shit going everywhere'

so i started detaching the tube. covered pretty much everything around it as i thought the fluid was going to splash soon as unplugged

was doing well, nothing came out unexpected, then i connected a vacuum tube, thinking it was going to work, rather than catching it with a cup

just when i was about to get the gf to start the car, i saw the belt was very close to the tube and cloth i had prepared. had no choice but to remove all, didnt wanna risk it. late came to think about it i should of left the tube there

so got the gf to start the car, with me holding a bottle ready to catch... *FCUK* soon as the engine started, fluids just came out like no tomorrow.. i was surprised my hand didn't get caught by the belt when trying to change to another cup...

after few seconds it became quite constant.... look the shit that came out.. im not sure wdf it is but it does not look pretty

word of advise... be prepared when the engine starts.. cos thats when shit will hit the fan. fluid went all over my engine bay + paint work.. also make sure u have at least 3 bottles laying around ready to be swapped and a lot of cloth. be very very careful do not get your hand caught in the belt

P.S i filled up my fluid bottle way above the Upper Level mark, will this cause any issue? i have put a sock over it just in case it floods, + my DC2 only took 800ml
    凸-_-凸

hey guys,

i have a quick question, i have a cd5 accord and there is one lower pipe running down into the front bumper bar somewhere and the pipe that leads to the pump that is mentioned on this thread, what is that bigger pipe leading to?

cheers
    Last edited by yiannixanthos; 26-02-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    the small hose from the reservoir goes to the cooler in front of the radiator. the larger hose from the reservoir goes to the pump.
    is that what you were after?
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

yeah thanks, but for some reason, i think it's the other way round.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    thats how it is on EG's. could be different for accords?
    just try tracing out the hoses

Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    thats how it is on EG's. could be different for accords?
    just try tracing out the hoses

Anyway, the hose that runs down into the radiator, that wouldn't have much oil come out of it right?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    you mean the power steering cooler, i would imagine it wouldnt but then again take into account that the cooler goes to the rack as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    best way is to get those turkey sucker tool to suck all the oil out first and run the car and suck remaining leftover oil and repeat the process

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    best way is to get those turkey sucker tool to suck all the oil out first and run the car and suck remaining leftover oil and repeat the process
    yo danny, long time no see!

so suck out everything from th reservoir, run the car, and there will be more oil in the reservoir to suck out?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by yiannixanthos View Post
    yo danny, long time no see!

so suck out everything from th reservoir, run the car, and there will be more oil in the reservoir to suck out?
    yesss
    BTW hows ur car running ??

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    yesss
    BTW hows ur car running ??
    yeah good bro, im gonna try get around to doing the PS fluid because i remember you telling me that the pump was making noise, so yeah gonna get to it most likely this weekend coming.
    Last edited by yiannixanthos; 27-02-2011 at 08:19 PM.

LOL luckily i don't have this problem.
    You can buy a bottle sucker that connects to your compressor.
    Suck the fluid from resvoir then put new fluid in, turn wheel left and right - lock to lock.
    Then disconnect your return hose p/steering.
    Then you just need to make/find a fitting to connect to your return line P/steering to your sucker.
    Then just suck the fluid from the p/steering system as your topping the resvoir not letting air into the system.
    Do all this whilst the car is OFF.
    If you don't have fluid in the system, you can burn the pump out.