Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 honda accord euro

Quesion about CU2 suspension?

Hi everyone, I had carwash yesterday and found the right front suspension is lower than the left suspension, the gap between carbody and tyre on the right is about 1cm smaller than the gap on the left. Car is stock, nothing changed. So can anyone pls tell me is this a normal?
    Last edited by leo; 03-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    wow i was gonna come home and ask a question about suspension..

^ carwish? and the gap on mine are same. maybe get it checked at mechanic?

also, tell me 2008-2009 cu2 owners, does ur suspension/shock absorbers feel bumpy? mine does not feel comforty at all its quite hard when i go over bumps. i had it checked at honda and they said 'tested' with same year car and found no diffference.
    i cud say, the jazz loan car has much comfier shocks than what im feeling in the CU2. plz help

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 honda accord euro
    Sorry that was carwash. So your car has lower suspension on the right? I will have my 50k service in end of this month, I will ask them if its normal or check the new car in the showroom see if it's same

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    Wash the carwash absolutely 100% level? Most carwashes are not level at all to help drainage.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 honda accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian128 View Post
    Wash the carwash absolutely 100% level? Most carwashes are not level at all to help drainage.
    I know the carwash space is not level so I checked again when I park the car in carpark. The gaps still not same. The right suspension still lower.

Can anyone pls check your car and tell me this is only happen on my car?
    Thanks very much

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    How many kms has it done? In my experience the suspension will sag as it wears out, and because most of the time the right (driver's) side is heavier, so it tends to get lower. But that might be because I'm a heavy person.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 honda accord euro
    How many kms has it done? In my experience the suspension will sag as it wears out, and because most of the time the right (driver's) side is heavier, so it tends to get lower. But that might be because I'm a heavy person.
    The car has done 48600kms, I am not a heavy person at all. So as you said this is not normal? Maybe I should get my car checked at dealership. Thank you for u reply
    Last edited by leo; 03-08-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Even without being a heavy person, the fact that there's more weight towards the right side than left wears out the suspension slightly faster than the left.
    In most cases it's probably just that, but best to get it checked out if it's "that" noticeable.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    Sorry that was carwash. So your car has lower suspension on the right? I will have my 50k service in end of this month, I will ask them if its normal or check the new car in the showroom see if it's same
    both gaps are the same size.. ive had 50k service done last week.

Yeah, I would also assume that it's because there's always someone on the ride side of the car (driver at least) and that it'd be "normal" for the right side to 'sag' a little but then again, I'm no expert so best to get it checked out? Though best bet is that.