Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03

[CL9] Rough Idle

I have a 2003 CL9 and my idle plays up quite a bit.

What happens is that when idling it is fairly rough bounces from about 700-1k and drastically worse when aircon is on. It never stalls but being a manual the eratic idle makes it annoying (not hard just annoying) getting in to 1st gear. Also if i keep the revs up to 1k then it works perfectly. It also makes the car very loud but when driving normally all is good.

No just going to bounce a few ideas of everyone see what they think.

I put my stock airbox on a few months ago and it seamed to stop not sure if it was a placebo effect or actually worked. No the only thing i could think is that the vacum hose the is removed and put on the new CAI, Could this be a cause of rough idle due to not being fully sealed within the CAI and letting air from in the engine bay.

I have tried resetting the ECU and this did not work.

Could it be possible that the fuel pump is not pumping enough fuel in when idleing.

Any help or ideas would be great

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    How many k's on the car?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    180,000kms

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    start with the basic's.
    spark plugs, oil etc.

which vacuum line is missing?
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I just done the oil last week next week will be ordering spark plugs from the states to put in when they arrive and there is no vacuum plug missing just can be pulled of fairly easy so I'm assuming that there is not a tight seal on the plug ill take photos tonight

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Did you set up the CAI as a Short Ram or Long ?

Perhaps throttle body needs a clean?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Ok ill try that soon and it is long and is in where the resonator was and have cut holes in the fog light covers for airflow there r no fog lights so just that plastic cover... hmm ill clean the throttle body what spray could I use.

And recently its been a lot better just when aircon is on it gets so annoying could this be the accessories belt?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Check your service history. How many kms does your Euro have and was the fuel filter changed every 80,000km?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Surging idling is usually an intake air issue.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Question - what brand cai is it? Is the pod filter new?

Was the o2 sensor attached properly? I had to tape mine as it loosely plugged in to the cai piping
    Last edited by djpro1; 08-08-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    MODS: Injen CAI (Black), Skunk2 Exhaust, 6k HID, CU2 17" Luxury Wheels, Pre facelift Mugen Grill, Red Honda Badge

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by djpro1 View Post
    Question - what brand cai is it? Is the pod filter new?

Was the o2 sensor attached properly? I had to tape mine as it loosely plugged in to the cai piping
    JTune CAI, both bought last year so about so pretty new.

Hmm not sure if the o2 sensor is attached properly i made a quick video of how easy it was to pull one of the plugs off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hexYRLjg5iI

Is this normal or not?

And this is the pic of the one i pulled off

The one just below cannot be pulled off at all it needs to pry off with a screw driver.

I will check how hard the o2 sensor is to come out will see how if covering fixes it.

and aaron the fuel filter was changed about 15000ks ago how long do they normally last.

Once i pulled the afore mentioned plug up so it is semi hard to pull off it seams to fix it maybe i might get one of those clamps see if that sorts it out but any other ideas would be great

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    That's normal although my hosing looks different to yours. I'll take a picture when I can and show you my setup.
    Also looks like your running super low on radiator fluid :P
    MODS: Injen CAI (Black), Skunk2 Exhaust, 6k HID, CU2 17" Luxury Wheels, Pre facelift Mugen Grill, Red Honda Badge